Hawaii Babies

He flipped!

I'm in complete shock but he flipped and is now head down. I had the GBS test done and I'll get the results back next week. I never made it this far with Bella so I didn't get the GBS test done with her so I got treated since they were unsure. My blood pressure is still good. The OB was going to check me but I politely said no and she agreed that it wasn't necessary but it was standard practice and the only reason she would want to check me was if I made it to 40 weeks. There are 5 OB's in my practice so I'm hoping they'll all respect my decision not to be checked, I'm pretty sure they'll all be fine with it. 

That said, I am SO uncomfortable! I never made it this far with Bella and I was blissfully pregnant. I am working full time, I'm on my feet nearly the entire time I'm there. I've gained more weight this time around but then again I'm further with this one than I made it with her.  I'm chasing a VERY active toddler on my days off! My back is KILLING me, my feet are sore and swollen... I would love to go into labor naturally this time closer to my due date but wow, I'm so ready to NOT be pregnant! With Bella, I loved every single second of my pregnancy and could have easily gone another few weeks. With Grayson, I'm ready to be done and this week it hit me! I love being pregnant and I feel big and beautiful but honestly I'll be glad when I'm not pregnant again! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for the world but man I can't believe how difficult this pregnancy has been (morning sickness, raging nightmares, etc)!

Re: He flipped!

• Yay that he turned!!!

But, ugg.... Not looking forward to this again! Jealous that Lisa got two bebahs out on the first go. I want to flash forward 2 years! Except that I don't want to miss a single day with Alexa. Arg.

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay! So thrilled to hear that he flipped, what a good boy :)
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Loading the player...
  • that is great news!!! huge stress lifted from you....

sorry this PG has been so much harder for you. the last few weeks are rough, i won't lie.  it's hard not to focus on wanting to be done and NOT pregnant anymore but try to focus on other things like getting the rest of his stuff ready, hanging out with Bella, etc.

• that is great news.  sorry you are so uncomfortable :(
  • Yay!!!  Party!!! So glad you don't have that stress on your shoulders anymore! And he's alraedy so well behaved...listening to his mama and all. Good job Grayson! I do have a ? for ya though...just out of curiosity...Why no check? I've heard a few of the girls here say they refused. I've never thought about it before, I just always let them do it and never asked why. Did your doc ever say why they do it?
  • yay for turning!
  • YAY Grayson!  I'm so happy to hear things are progressing properly!  You are almost done now!

I know what you mean, I'm only 2 weeks behind you and I'm D-O-N-E!  It hurts to rollover in bed, it almost feels like this little guy is going to fall out if I make a big move ;)  I have so much pressure now and feel so heavy, it sucks. 

4 more weeks girl! :)

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Hooray!  So glad to hear baby decided to flip!  You must be so relieved.  Smile
  • imageHawaiian Honey:
    Yay!!!  Party!!! So glad you don't have that stress on your shoulders anymore! And he's alraedy so well behaved...listening to his mama and all. Good job Grayson! I do have a ? for ya though...just out of curiosity...Why no check? I've heard a few of the girls here say they refused. I've never thought about it before, I just always let them do it and never asked why. Did your doc ever say why they do it?

The checking doesn't really tell you anything. You can be dilated to a 1 and go into labor that night or in the next 4 weeks. You can be dilated to a 4 and go into labor the next minute or in 4 weeks... my friend was dilated to a 4 for 4 weeks!! I don't really think it tells you anything... besides that since he JUST flipped in the past few days I figure there can't be much going on down there and if there is, I don't want to get my hopes up or down! Besides that I've heard it's really uncomfortable (add to that a tilted cervix like I have which is difficult for them to check) so I figured why endure the pain... There are 5 OB's in my practice and the one I saw yesterday agreed that it was just "protocol" and you can't really base anything off of the number or station at this point in the game.

• Yaaay for flipping! I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable though - I know it sucks donkey balls. Sad

imagemyday1708:
    Jealous that Lisa got two bebahs out on the first go.

LOL I'm going to remember this the next time I have two kids swarming me and crying because they're sick and cranky and want to be cuddled, but then crying again because they don't want to be cuddled at the same time as That Other Baby. Stick out tongue

• Good job, Grayson!! Sorry you're uncomfortable...only a few more weeks!!! :)
  • YAY!  what a good boy Big Smile  sorry you're so uncomfortable - only a few more weeks before you get to meet your little man!
  • Good job baby Grayson! 

Sorry to hear you're feeling so done.  I felt that way at the end of my pregnancy too, I can't even imagine doing it again with a toddler.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"