Baby Showers
Options

Gifts for the hostess of the shower?

I read on here that some people give gifts to the hostess of the shower...I never heard of this before. I think it's a very nice idea and I would like to do it but what kind of gift to say thank you would you give?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gifts for the hostess of the shower?

• Options
    Four of my friends threw me a shower this past weekend and I gave them a travel size lotion and body spray from Bath & Body Works.  I've helped with a shower before that the guest of honor gave some homemade treats.
  • Options
    At least around here it's sort of standard to give a hostess gift.  I had my shower this past weekend and gave them silk scarves that I found for a VERY affordable price.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom and I hosted my sister's shower a few years ago and she gave us both a engraved picture frame from Things Remembered.  I know they can be a bit expensive for certain things especially some of the engravings.  But there are other options for things like this.  https://www.personalizationmall.com/ has a great selection as well and they are very good quality frames too.  Just a suggestion! 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My mom and MIL hosted my shower so I got them "Grandma Diaper bags" as a thank you. I bought diaper bags and filled them with some diapers, wipes, travel shampoos, a book, some spoons and feeding stuff, socks, change of clothes, etc. It's to keep at their house or for when they are babysitting.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    I'm not sure what I'm giving my hostesses yet but when I helped out with a shower I was given a box of chocolates and a restaurant gift card.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm giving them each a cute umbrella (get it--like a rain shower, ha!) and a bottle of lotion from Bath & Bodyworks.  Where I grew up it's standard to give the shower hostesses a gift.
  • Options
    Gift card to a spa and a Khiel's gift set. When I hosted a shower I got a Brighton necklace an Vera Bradley purse.
  • Options
    I gave a pandora bracelet with charm to one hostess and a Vera Bradley purse to another and an $85 gift card for a facial at a spa the 3rd hostess goes to.  Showers are a lot of work and money and stress and I wanted to make sure my hostesses know I appreciate all they have done.
  • Options

I gave my hostess a ScentBug from Bath and Body Works

https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3865167

Along with three different oils to go with it.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagechipperberg:
    I gave a pandora bracelet with charm to one hostess and a Vera Bradley purse to another and an $85 gift card for a facial at a spa the 3rd hostess goes to.  Showers are a lot of work and money and stress and I wanted to make sure my hostesses know I appreciate all they have done.

This exactly!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"