July 2011 Moms
Options

Baby measuring 11 days ahead

So we had our ultrasound today!! We are still team green, I held strong!! :) However the tech said she would put us at 22 weeks 4 days instead of 20 weeks 6 days (Then the doctor said after looking at our lmp she would date us at 21 weeks). So going off of her date baby is measuring 11 days ahead. Baby was 1 pound 3 ounces. I did not even think to ask how long they were, though. I was so excited to see the little one and not too concerned by the measuring large, but my husband was apparently near tears the whole time because he was so worried something was wrong.  

I am pretty positive on my dates because we had used ovulations tests.... so I am not quite sure what this means. I know if you have gestational diabetes you can measure large, which we are going to check for at my next visit in 4 weeks. We are also going back for another ultrasound in 6 weeks to double check dates and get the rest of the pictures we could not get (she could not get all the pictures she needed of the heart because baby was not positioned right for her). Anyone else fairly sure of their dates and measuring large?  Anyone had this with previous pregnancies? 

So my new EDD would be June 24th... no longer a July momma, but I am sticking it out here no matter what they say my date is:) You ladies are all too great to leave!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby measuring 11 days ahead

• Options

That's not so odd at all.

My dr. checks into anything over a week but told me once that sometimes babies just hit growth spurts. They'll grow super fast then level. So next time you get an u/s baby will be right on track. Sometimes it happens in the beginning, sometimes in the middle or not until the end.

That and some babies are just bigger from the start.

• Options
    imagedairygirl19:

That's not so odd at all.

My dr. checks into anything over a week but told me once that sometimes babies just hit growth spurts. They'll grow super fast then level. So next time you get an u/s baby will be right on track. Sometimes it happens in the beginning, sometimes in the middle or not until the end.

That and some babies are just bigger from the start.

This!  Those numbers are likely based on an average.  Babies (like all of us) are not all going to be identical size or grow at an identical rate.  My baby is slightly larger than average but they didn't move my due date again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Reassurance is always nice!! I just hope at the next ultrasound in 6 weeks the baby has not bumped any farther ahead. We wont see the doctor for 2 weeks after that and I feel like DH would be such an anxious wreck those two weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"