September 2011 Moms
Options

eat or drink anything special prior to NT Scan

I have my NT scan this evening and I'm very anxious. It will be in 3d so the receptionist said I didn't need to be full on water for it. I've done some browsing on the web and many say to have caffeine or sugar right before going in but it seemed like that was for 3d ultrasounds later on. 

So I am wondering, did you eat or drink anything special prior to your NT scan to make sure the baby was moving around? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: eat or drink anything special prior to NT Scan

• Options
    I just scheduled mine today, but the doctor told me to drink pleanty of water and just to eat something. She didn't say if a particular food would help, just that eating helped with movement. I did have a donut  this morning before I went for my regular u/s and my LO was dancing in there. So you could try that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have mine in 2 weeks - I was told to make sure I come in with a full bladder and to eat a good breakfast (mine is at 10am) because they're planning on taking lots of blood....yippee.

Hope your scan goes well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had mine last Friday first thing in the moring.  I had waffles for breakfast which baby rejected so DH and I stopped and got a bagel which I ate about 1/4th of.  Other than that, just water.  The Dr said baby was very active and he asked if I had caffine that morning which I didn't.  I guess both baby and I were excited. 

Have fun at your scan.  It's an amazing experience to see your little one.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor actually said to have an empty bladder and you could still see everything.  She said for the 20 week scan I will need a full bladder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No instructions from my dr., but I had a little cheese and crackers on the way to the appointment and the baby was moving around like crazy.  I had an empty bladder and the US tech even asked if I needed to use the RR before we started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"