Indiana Babies
Options

Opinions wanted- OB/GYN Methodist Care Center & Doctors

Are any of you familiar with the OB/GYN Care Center at Methodist? I so very strongly want a natural birth (if all goes well and it is physically possible) and have been told that the Care Center and Methodist are great. Now I am looking into doctors and midwives.

I have to work around my insurance to have a midwife deliver (so silly). It's looking like I have to have an OB/GYN listed as my doctor, but can have a midwife helping me throughout and actually there for delivery...so long as she works for an approved doctor.

Sidenote...I work for IUPUI (which is has IUB benefits) and we have a new insurance plan for IU hospitals...that's what I am on, if anyone is familiar. It's limiting in some ways (I can only use IU doctors & hospitals), but it does provide CHEAP pregnancy coverage.

Anywho, are any of you familiar with any of the following doctors at the OB/GYN Care Center at Methodist?

Kendra Karner  

Emily Bowsher

Judy Robinson

Muneeza Khan

Arundathi Prasad

Feel free to chime in on any of my other comments, too. Thanks in advance! :)

Momma of a Baby Healey :)

Re: Opinions wanted- OB/GYN Methodist Care Center & Doctors

• Options

::Lurking::

Early in my pregnancy I set up an appointment for Dr. Bowsher because I wanted to have my baby at Methodist. When I called I told them I was having bleeding and it still took almost a week and a half to get in.  When I finally had an appointment it was quite possibly the worst experience of my life.  I sat in the waiting room for a long time, it was dingy, loud, and it stunk.  I finally got called back for what I thought was an appointment but just turned out to be an appointment with the intake person just to get my insurance info, etc., all of which could have been taken over the phone.  When I asked about seeing a doctor because of the issues I had going on the intake lady said she would see if she could get a nurse to talk to me but she was doubtful. Surprise I was then sent to wait for my urinalysis results.  While waiting my husband and I decided to leave.  There was so much more I could write but you get the idea.  I also talked to my cousin who informed me she had a terrible experience with that office as well, terrible office visits, a VERY less than ideal birth experience, etc. 

I wish I had better news, good luck in your doctor search. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"