South Florida Babies
Options

Rec your bottle system

Sorry ladies, haven't been on much since Ava was born (I know I have to update my siggy)!  Anyhow, after two weeks of desperately trying, we have come to the conlusion that I am not producing enough milk to BF little one.  It also appears that she has a sensitive stomach; I started to use the Born Free bottle system, like I did for Spencer, but even the newborn nipple seems to be too much for her.  I saw that there is a new brand Tommee Tippee, that has a sensitive stomach bottle.  Does anyone have any experience with this brand?  Any helps/hints advice woudl be great!

TIA!

G

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
It's Beshert

Re: Rec your bottle system

• Options
    I use Dr. Brown bottles.
  • Options
    We use Playtex Drop-Ins and Tommee Tippee...I didn't have the actual sensitive ones, I think it has a straw like Dr. Browns, but I like the brand. The only thing is sometimes the nipple collapses, so I have to pull it out of his mouth so it straightens out. I do think he spits up a little more with tomme tippee though. Playtex Drop-ins are nice b/c you can squeeze out the air!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Playtex Drop-Ins were what I used with Alexis and she had reflux so I liked that I could squish all the air out.
    image image

• Options
    Playtex Drop-Ins! I used them for Alex and Max, and never had a problem =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we used Gerber Nuk for Abby- she had incredibly severe reflux.  But she was a weird baby and only used the Nuk bottles with the nipple upside.  Sarah drinks out of born free, but she doesn't have reflux.  

yeah, i was no help.  sorry :)

• Options
    We used the Playtex drop-ins too. I plan on sticking with them again if we have any trouble BFing this time around. 
  • Options

Another Dr Brown user here.  The only downfall is all the extra pieces to wash, but then again, I have to clean double which is prob why I hate it so much.  LOL

We used the First Yrs Brest Flow, and HATED them.  They leaked majorly.  Just throwing it out there in case you wanted to use those.  : )

GL! 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We use the Dr. Brown's here too :) We started when J was having stomach issues @ around 3 weeks and haven't turned back.

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Options
    I used Dr Brown's with both of mine since birth. They were recommended to me by Nicky's pedi when I went in to interview him before Nicky was born because they keep air out of the stomach.  The extra parts have never been an issue b/c i wash my bottles in the dishwasher every night.
  • Options
    Dr Browns here, too. Never had a problem! I started them with Sophia after she had bad gas as an infant and have not looked back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've used the regular Tommee Tippee bottles and haven't had any issues.  I haven't used the sensitive ones though. 

• Options
    We used Dr. Brown too with both kids.
  • Options

Playtex drop-ins over here as well!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"