October 2011 Moms

when will I start showing?

I'm just wondering when we should all expect to start showing.... approximately.  I am already feeling my pants change, and I had to buy new bras yesterday!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when will I start showing?

• We have the same due date and I was just wondering the same thing!  I'm going to have to get some new bras by the end of the week if I keep going at this rate.  I feel like my belly looks "fuller" but I don't need new pants yet...wondering if I might be needing them sooner, rather than later...
  • With my first LO, I didn't really show until 23ish weeks.  I did have to wear maternity pants before that, and had to get new bras, etc.  But I wasn't noticeably pregnant until after 20w.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • its different for everyone, but with my first I started noticeably showing around 17 weeks.  Thats when strangers started asking, family could obviously tell a lot sooner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is definitely different for every woman! With my first, I didn't get my little bump start to show until I was 21 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my first, I started showing around 22w. However I was in maternity pants way sooner than that! I also just bought those bra extenders instead of buying new bras since VS bras are way to expensive to just replace haha!
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • A couple people I know are claiming that I am showing already.  I am trying to tell them its bloat but... what ya gonna do ;)
    Successful after 2 years tttc. Diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker
  • Well it depends on the individual and the pregnancy.  If your smaller you'll probably start to show sooner.  I know someone who was 3 weeks ahead of me when I was pregnant the first time and when she was full term you couldn't tell she was pregnant.  Now I'm slender and start showing a small bump at 16 weeks.  And for starting at 108 I got HUGE!  So I expect I'll start showing even sooner since it's my second pregnancy.  It just all depends.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• wow! With my DS my belly popped before my first trimester was over...then at 6 months...it popped again. I have a really short torso since I am only 5'1 so I doubt I will make it out of first trimester this time around without showing significantly. My DS was nearly 9 lbs and 23 inches! My hubby is 6'1 so we kinda make giant babies Surprise
  • Everyone is different. For me, I hope the later, the better!
  • I popped at around 20 weeks last time, up until then I just looked a bit bloated or fat. It suddenly just changed overnight, and I woke up with a football for a stomach. Since this is my second, I expect it to be a bit earlier perhaps? 
  • As my mom would say, I'm a little bit hefty, and the nurse told me yesterday that I shouldn't gain more than 15 - 25 lbs.  (My husband made a funny and said we already had that taken care of since I have gained over 15 lbs from my miscarriage this fall...depression and holidays I guess).  I'm just thinking since I am a size 16, I will prob not really show for a while, but I so don't want to go buy even bigger girl clothes.  I just want to go maternity so I don't see size 18 in my pants.  :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm into my 15th week, others can tell I'm pregnent, but everytime I look at my side profile in the mirror it really doesn't look like it, to me it looks like bloat and can never tell if its because I just ate or not
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"