Success after IF
Options

When did you start using a booster seat in restaurants?

As opposed to a high chair, I mean? We almost had to try this last weekend b/c the restaurant said all the high chairs were being used, but at the last minute they found one.

I guess we must be getting close to the age, becauase they always ask us if DS#1 wants a high chair or a booster, but I can't imagine not being able to strap him down at this age.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you start using a booster seat in restaurants?

• Options
    We started using one periodically in the last couple of months.  She likes it much better and usually does pretty well in it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've tried on and off from ~20 months and she just screws around and gets too tippy. She just sits next to the wall in the booth....on her knees or whatever. It was just too trecherous for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never use them....they are not stable.  My child does not sit still enough and they move too easily on the seats.  After moving on from highchairs she just sat on her knees at the table.
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    Brady hasnt used one in a long time. I want to say he was about 18 months when he started sitting in the booth with us. He wouldnt sit in a booster, so we just put him inside the booth and one of us sat on the outside. He liked it better because he had more room to move around. We are still using a high chair for Nolan, we will use one until he wont sit in it anymore. I am hoping that isnt for a long time!
  • Options
    We just started with the booster chair the last couple of times we went out this month.  It works great!  Plus, it makes him feel all proud of himself that he's a big boy.
  • Options
    Um yeah Nicholas will be in a highchair til he can't fit into them anymore at a restaurant.  I like to keep him contained. 
  • Options
    We have started using the boosters just this past month when we have gone out. The first time was a fluke because there was no high chairs so we used a booster. He did great in it and so we used one at Fazoli's yesterday and he was fine. We use a booster at home so I guess it isn't much of a difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Never.

I forced them into high chairs way past when they WANTED to be in them.  It just made life easier for all of us.

As for boosters?  We tried it once.  It was a nightmare with a squirmy kid who didn't want to sit still because he kept rocking it over on its side.

Once we were done with high chairs we did booths with them up on their knees instead of boosters.  Gave them the chance to crawl into laps and be entertained until food got there.

But if yours sits still it may work out fine!

My advice though with 2 to juggle is to simply tell him that if he wants to go to a restaurant he HAS to sit in the high chair.  (unless the restaurant doesn't have one available of course)

But then again... I'm selfish like that.  And dreaded restaurants with 2 of them - especially when DH wasn't there to help. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    I can't even imagine the injuries we'd have if DD wasn't strapped down. She is way too squirmy for that!! I have visions of face smashing on the table and DD ending up under the booth. She will be in a high chair until she can no longer fit in one, or until she can at least understand that the consequences of not sitting still.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"