May 2011 Moms
Options

failed my glucose tolerance test

i failed my glucose tolerance test i just got the call right now and i have an appointment tomorrow for the 3 hour glucose test... freaking out. anyone else in the same boat?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: failed my glucose tolerance test

• Options
    I had the one hr one too this am I have yet to hear. I am assumimng if I don't hear anything I'm good!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was just wondering the same thing.  I took the test yesterday.  When did you take it?  Did you hear back day of or later?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I failed the 1 hour a 18 weeks (had to take it early due to family history) and passed the 3 hour test.  Just took the 1 hour again last Friday and failed again.  I will be taking the 3 hour test in a couple of days.  The 3 hour is not a big deal, but bring a bottle of water (its allowed) and a snack for afterwards.  DH came with me since I am not great about having blood drawn, but if you are ok with having blood taken you should be fine.  Bring something to do since you are there a really long time.
  • Options
    With my first, I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour with flying colors. It's not fun, but a lot of people pass on the second try! Good luck to you!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I actually was not allowed to have water during the 3 hour test.  Just bring DH and something to amuse yourselves.

I am beyond bad with needles and I just kept thinking "I am an adult... I am having a baby" and it got me through.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I failed the one hour as well.  I am taking the 3 hour on Friday although they wanted me to come back much sooner than that, but Fridays are the only days that work to skip work. I almost refused the 3 hour because I really doubt my ability to not throw up after fasting that long.  I can't even go 8 hours overnight without eating here recently.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had the test on Thursday and got my results on my iphone.  Just confirmed with my doctor that my score of 130 is passing (woohoo!!). 

Do you know what your score was for the 1 hour?

• Options
    I just took my 1 hour today, but I'm expecting to fail, only because I did last time.  I failed the 1 hour with my son and passed the 3 hour without problems. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i took the test on the 17th and got the result back this morning. the score was 134. and in my doctor's office 130 is not a passing score the highest passing score is 129.
  • Options
    I also found out today that I failed the one hour test. I really wasn't expecting that! I believe the nurse said my score was 153. I am going in tomorrow for the three hour test, and I really hope I pass. I have had such an easy pregnancy so far, I guess it was too good to be true! I do keep hearing how common it is to fail the first test and pass the second, so hopefully that will be the case for me.
  • Options
    I failed my one-hour, and go tomorrow for my 3-hour.  I'm more worried about the blood draws than the results; I've heard that SO many women fail the first test and easily pass the second.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I failed by 1 hour test, then had to go for the 3 hour test.  The md called me a few days later and said that one of the four blood draws were elevated. They said if two had been high they would have a definitive diagnosis but since it was just one they can't say one way or the other.  Now tomorrow I have to take the 3 hour test again.  Hopefully we will have some answers after that.  The test is not great but managable, good luck to you.....
  • Options
    I failed the 1 hr by 10 points and took the 3 hr this past Fri.  Haven't heard anything yet so I'm hoping that means I passed.  A lot of women that fail the 1 hr go on to pass the 3 hr.  Good luck with the 3 hr!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"