TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

A change in this months protocol

Went to the RE yesterday.  It was CD2 instead of 3, but I was already in town and they said they wouldn't make me take tomorrow off of work, so it worked out. 

Instead of femerra, I will just do gonal-f.  I start the injections tonight, cd3 and go through cd7.  I go in for a u/s on Sunday morning.  I have to be there at 8:15, which means leaving my house at 6 am.  Ugh, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Dh and I talked last night.  He's already said that if I don't respond a lot better this time he doesn't want to even try for the 3rd round.  I understand what's he's saying, but I'm not ready to make that call yet.  

imageimage
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks

Re: A change in this months protocol

• Options
    I'm glad that your RE's office was being reasonable, letting you come in when you were already in town. And it's nice that you don't have to take a day off from work for your u/s. And I agree, I don't think one partner can make a unilateral decision like that. It has to be something you've decided together.
  • Options
    Good luck! 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! Sometimes it takes a few cycles to get the dosages right for optimal response. Maybe your RE can explain this to your husband. Of course, we all hope that there will be no need for a third cycle.
  • Options

Good luck.  I agree with Kona...sometimes it takes some time to dial in the doseage on injectibles....so I would encourage you to talk to him (or have him talk to your RE) about not giving up after just one cycle.  My first cycle i grossly overstimulated (RE said I looked like a perfect IVF patient)....but there was nothing we could do to get that cycle back under control and just had to cancel.  He took his learnings from my response that time to modify my protocol and the next time, he got exactly what he wanted (2 follies on each side).

As I recall, you have PCOS as well...which makes injectibles very hard to control.  Your body wants to produce a lot of follies and so its very important let the body select out follies before you start encouraging the growth too much.  My body was very slow to respond to start with, which made my RE double my dose.  At that point, my body took off and I had ~15 follies all ready to mature.  My RE described what he does as more of an art than a science...there is no formula to give the right answer, so it helps to allow for some guesswork time (though expensive, I know)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  We'll continue to talk about it.  I did explain to him last night that it's not an exact science, it's kind of a guessing game and sometimes it takes several tries to get it right.  But, it's hard on us, not just financially, but emotionally, so I respect what he's saying.  We'll make a decision together, I'm just not ready to make any decision yet.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options

Good luck, Kristy!  I hope you don't need another cycle, but if you do, that you two can talk with your RE openly about the pros and cons before any decisions are made.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options

It's great that you were able to go in yesterday, instead of waiting until today.  I have gone in before on CD 2 (this IVF cycle) and once on CD 4 (last year due to the blizzard).  It's great when they will work with you.  And going in next Sunday is great too - at least you don't have to take off work. 

I understand where you are coming from with not being ready to give up if this doesn't work.  I know sometimes RE's like to try a protocol a couple of times.  Although, if you aren't responding I can understand not wanting to continue with something.  Things aren't black and white though - something else could be the thing that works.

I really, really hope that this is what works for you and that you don't have to worry about making a decision for what comes next!!   

• Options
    I'm glad you were able to get in today. Good luck!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    I'm glad you were able to go yesterday and they can do it on Sunday- an early day is better than worrying about work (maybe it will help increase your success by decreasing your stress).  As for the 3rd round, try not worry about it right now. I would say talk about it together. Good luck!
  • Options
    I completely agree with you, you guys need to see how things go and what happens and decide from there. None of this is black & white yes or no, so you can't make a decision like that now. Good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck Kristy. I hope the injections do the trick.

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good Luck!!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    Good luck! I hope it works this time!
  • Options
    Sending lots of good luck your way for this upcoming cycle. Hope the change in protocol brings you your bfp.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    Good luck Kristy!  I hope you don't have to worry about future cycles, but I agree with the others that sometimes it takes a few tries to figure out the right dosage to get the right response.  When we started seeing the RE I didn't even think I wanted to go as far as IVF for many reasons, but as we went through everything I realized I wanted to keep trying.  I didn't want to regret not trying every option years from now.  I'm sure you and your DH will make the right decision when the time comes.
  • Options
    *hugs*  I hope you and your DH can agree on this, whichever way you decide. I hope the change in protocol does the trick! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"