May 2011 Moms
Options

What to wear to a wedding 1 month PP?

Hi ladies! I am in desparate need of your help. We have two weddings to go to this summer.... One happens to be one month PP, and the other 2 months PP. I know I will never be down to my pre-pregnancy size by then. Anybody else in the same boat? What kind of dress can I get that I can wear to both that is going to be affordable and comfortable with an infant and a 4 yr old? TIA!

Re: What to wear to a wedding 1 month PP?

• Options

I would wear something that you already own. Try on all of your maternity and non-maternity dresses and see which one looks the best. I have a few dresses that will hide the post-preg belly pretty well, so I'd go with something like that. Kind of like trying to hide the early-preg belly!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mmmm...cake! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No idea, I just wanted to say that you are a trouper!! If I was 1 month post-partum and in the hellish depths of sleep deprivation and all that, you can bet your booty I'd be using my newborn as an excuse to get out of going!! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekgail11:
    No idea, I just wanted to say that you are a trouper!! If I was 1 month post-partum and in the hellish depths of sleep deprivation and all that, you can bet your booty I'd be using my newborn as an excuse to get out of going!! ;)

Ugh! That idea is sounding better and better all the time! But I hate to skip out on the weddings of two really good friends. Luckily enough, the first one is just a small wedding and reception. No dance or anything too fancy. It will be a good "break-in" for the next wedding!! LOL!

• Options

Oh, and I should probably throw in the fact that I only own one dress.... I am such a terrible female.... Confused

• Options
    Great question!  My brother's wedding is 2.5 months PP and I'm in the wedding but need ideas for what to wear to the rehearsal dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did have an idea in mind... How about an empire waisted dress? I know those tend to hide unsightly bulges. Paired with some Spanx... Any thoughts/opinions on how well this set up would work?

• Options
    A sting bikini?
  • Options
    My SIL is getting married about 1.5 months PP so I have the same issue. I'm thinking of taking a bridesmaid dress that I have and getting it cut to the knee. The reason I like it is that it has an empire waist so it flows away from the body, allowing me to (hopefully) hide any size belly I still have. I would definitely look into empire waists and/or dresses that are not very structured/form-fitting to give you some wiggle room with waist size.
  • Options

Wow - I am in such a similar boat, it's not even funny!  I am supposed to be a BRIDESMAID on June 4. I'm due around May 10.  So, if he comes late, I'll be even newer PP.  I know for sure that I will not be back down to size - I don't even anticipate my uterus having gone down yet.  

Fortunately,  when we picked out the dresses last October, I knew I was pregnant, so I chose a style that was going to work - empire waist will accomodate any belly that I still have, and I got it a little bit to cram the boobs in.  Knee length.  

Since you are just attending a wedding (jealous!) I would take a look at softer maternity dresses that you already have or that go on SALE in the spring.    :) HTH

• Options

:::lurking from June:::

My SIL is getting married 3 weeks after I'm due and I have been having the same issue.  I keep going back to this dress from David's Bridal.  https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One-Shoulder-Long-Jersey-Dress-with-Cascade-Back-F13185_Bridal-Party-Features-Maternity-Appropriate

It's long and formal, but they have other short ones if you are looking for short.  I also figured it will hide my belly, not matter how big it still is and it has a strap for some support.  On their website under Bridal party, they list a bunch that are maternity appropriate.  I am planning on ordering one and having it altered in the 3 weeks PP so I don't have to go out shopping with a newborn.  GL to you!

:::runs back into lurking:::

• Options
    I have no idea.  Something loose and flowing?  If possible, I wouldn't buy it until after you deliver.  DD was born in the summer and I bought a few PP sundresses to wear before she was born but I really overestimated my size and they ended up being huge on me immediately. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went to a wedding at 4 weeks postpartum with DS.  I wore a dress I had from before I got pregnant.  It wasn't super flattering, but it worked well for nursing and it was the most flattering thing I could find.  I wore a black nursing tank underneath.  No spanx.

Here's me at the wedding:

image image

And what it looked like when I bought it.  Granted, this was on my honeymoon and I was about 13 lbs heavier when I got pregnant:

And just for reference, what I looked like at the end of my pregnancy:

I gained 38 lbs and still had 18 to go at 4 weeks pp.

imageimage

• Options
    imagerobbie3982:

I went to a wedding at 4 weeks postpartum with DS.  I wore a dress I had from before I got pregnant.  It wasn't super flattering, but it worked well for nursing and it was the most flattering thing I could find.  I wore a black nursing tank underneath.  No spanx.

Here's me at the wedding:

image image

And what it looked like when I bought it.  Granted, this was on my honeymoon and I was about 13 lbs heavier when I got pregnant:

And just for reference, what I looked like at the end of my pregnancy:

I gained 38 lbs and still had 18 to go at 4 weeks pp.

Thank you! That helps a lot! Now to find that perfect dress.....Tongue Tied

• Options
    imagecarissa_danielle:

Oh, and I should probably throw in the fact that I only own one dress.... I am such a terrible female.... Confused

My husband is in 2 weddings about a month PP and I have nothing that I already own that I could possibly wear. Unfortunately everyone we know is going to be at both weddings, which are a week apart, so I cant wear the same thing to both. I am definitely going to shop that week for something to wear. I know a ton of people that were under their baby weight like 3 weeks after giving birth, so I have no idea what size I'm going to be when the time comes. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am almost in the same boat as you.. 

My best friend is getting married almost 2 months after I pop my baby out. I am really excited she is getting married and I was super excited when she asked me to be a bridesmaid, then...

She decided that all bridesmaids would make their own dresses. She went to Hancocks and picked out fabric and patterns for us to choose from. How am I suppose to get a dress made? What kind of measurements am I going to take? I have no idea how this is going to work out. I can make my own bridesmaids dress no problem. However, I would need to get that done before the baby comes and of course I will not be the same size. I think I just might have to resign from my position.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"