Preemies
Options

How did you thank NICU staff?

I'm not sure if there is anything I can do that is sufficient enough to say "thanks!" for all they did for my boys over the past 23 days. However, I'd like to do something. I baked a few times while they were in, so I'm looking for something different. Preferably, something that the majority of the staff can enjoy - regardless of their shift.

Any ideas?

TIA

Re: How did you thank NICU staff?

• Options
    one thing we did was get them coffee for thier kureg coffee machine...our parents made them homemade goodies and a fruit basket...granted we were there over Christmas and New Years...
  • Options
    We brought different treats in throughout of nicu stay.  They always love food.  I know people who did two different platters one for the day shift one for the night.  I also remember someone sending a ton of pizzas up to the nicu.  They all loved that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A really nice fruit platter is always appreciated- as are hand-written notes to the people who worked closest with them.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wrote them a card to the whole NICU and then, separate ones for a few of my favourite nurses and my favourite neo. I got them a huge fruit basket and I made them cookies. I'll do something similiar once A comes home.

They're amazing and have made this journey just a bit easier.

• Options

Well, we had a favorite nurse who went above and beyond. She was the one who let us hold him for the first time even though the others told us we had to wait until his chest tube was out, she gave him his first bath, she dressed him up for Halloween and took his pic so when we came in the next day she had taped his pic to his bed for us to see. We loved her!

She LOVED coffee and always made a cup for DH when he came in the NICU after work. We got her a coffee mug with LO picture on it and engraved it for her. We got her a few "NICU nurse" Pins, key chains, magnets, etc. We got her a huge bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee, splenda and her favorite creamer. And of a course a card, which I pretty much wrote her a book to thank her! I just couldnt stop!  ;)

• Options
    Nominated them for awards at the hospital.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I wrote thank you cards to the nurses that I was close with and one general thank you for everyone. We brought in a fruit basket and some pastries. I also brought coffee and flavored creamers.
  • Options
    We got the NICU staff a card and bought them a huge pie (from a neighborhood bakery). Everyone seemed to love it. I know you said you already did the baked good, so maybe flowers for the front desk.

• Options

I bought three dozen donuts for the NICU staff. For our son's primary nurses, I found out where they liked to shop. One liked the gap, another liked Walmart, and another like Home Depot.

• Options

Once DS was discharged and we had gotten settled I had him help me paint a heart shaped box and put his hand print signature on it. It said thank you and was filled with NICU nurse pins from cafe press. We sent that along with a nice letter and picture. 

• Options

imageholn76:
    Nominated them for awards at the hospital.

I did this too.  Being a nurse, ...i can say it means a lot.  Not many parents take the time to write a note that will go into your file.  another thing I did that the nurses loved....was I took in magazines.  There was a gift shop at the hospital, and every week I'd buy about 4 or 5 good ones and leave them in the break room.

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got them a cake that said "A big thank you from little -------" and a card.
  • Options

We always brought in baked good and chocolate... but I think what they value most is when they are told "Thank you for what you do!"

My Aunt is an artist, and also had a preemie. She painted a picture for the NICU and incorporated her baby girl's footprints and a poem elven years ago, and it still hangs in the unit till this day.

Lea's Mommy

FOLLOW US ON OUR JOURNEY AT www.thumba-lea.blogspot.com

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'm lurking... 

I made a huge basket filled with lots of goodies. Tea, Coffee, Cookies,Fruit, that sort of thing. I got almost all of it at Trader Joe's(if you have one near by) So it was relatively inexpensive, And they loved it. As previously people responded everyone loves food! : )

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    It's been 2.5 years after her discharge and we still thank the NICU staff.  We take cookies on Nurses's Day and on her birthday each year.  We can never thank them enough for the love and care they gave to her and us during those scary first days of her life!!
    Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"