New to The Bump
Options

Repost regarding Nazi Mama's for those just starting

Felt the need to repost for those new to the bump.  Hopefully it brings you laughter and will help you in dealing with some on other sites.  Not sure if it's still on, but I found this article on the bump.

4. The Board-Nazi Mama
There are those who have been on a board for ages and establish themselves as an "unofficial authority." And then there are those who seem to live or die by the boards -- to the point where you may start to wonder where their baby is and whether or not it?s being tended to. If you?re a newbie to the boards, watch out -- she?ll be the first to tell you that your question?s been asked a thousand times before or that you should really take yourself to another board, where people have the time to answer all your annoying queries. Yeah, she can be a bit of a bully, but sadly, she?s been around these parts for so long it seems no one bothers to overthrow her.

Re: Repost regarding Nazi Mama's for those just starting

• Options
    I have a real problem with the term Nazi.
  • Options
    I agree, they could have chosen another name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePearly609:

And you could have chosen NOT to repost it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs.Umm:

imagePearly609:

Only intended for those who would get a laugh at certain women on the bump, not to offend anyone.  Quite a few ladies enjoyed it, that's why it was reposted in the hopes those new to the bump would know what's out there.  I got a kick out of it and hoped others would have also. 

• Options
    Are there other racist and xenophobic titles that you think are funny?
  • Options

imageExcitedtostart:
    Are there other racist and xenophobic titles that you think are funny?

Oh stop it! It's not the title that was funny at all.  The point being made here was that of different posters on here.  Sorry you didn't get the point of the message which some of it again is below.  Again, not the "title", but the message within...  

"There are those who have been on a board for ages and establish themselves as an "unofficial authority.""

• Options
    imagePearly609:
    imageMrs.Umm:

imagePearly609:

Only intended for those who would get a laugh at certain women on the bump, not to offend anyone.  Quite a few ladies enjoyed it, that's why it was reposted in the hopes those new to the bump would know what's out there.  I got a kick out of it and hoped others would have also. 

And yet not one single person has responded with anything positive and that they've "gotten a kick out of it"

• Options
    I am sure I wont be in favor for this, but I think it is pretty funny. Pretty true.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Ryder
  • Options

imageRyderJ70:
    I am sure I wont be in favor for this, but I think it is pretty funny. Pretty true.

Yes it was SO true and funny to the ones it didn't pertain to. 

• Options
    Correct
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Ryder
  • Options
    imagePearly609:

imageRyderJ70:

The overall message of the article was funny, and certainly true of many boards. However, I had a hard time reading it after gagging over the title. I'm sure it would have been possible to adjust the size of the 'cut and paste' there.

• Options
    imagePearly609:

imageRyderJ70:

This.

First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I'm seriously LOL'ing at you ladies. I suppose the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld offends you too?
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options

WELL.... I think its pretty funny, and I actually almost walked away from this site because of these women. The purpose of this site is to get women together to support one another and share information... right?! I have seen a lot of women post snarky comments to honest questions and act very horribly to success stories such as those who post they are KU on TTC boards.

I chose to stay on because of this post... and a few others.... that made me realize not everyone on the bump is like that.

Thank you!!!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    imageashley.bean:

WELL.... I think its pretty funny, and I actually almost walked away from this site because of these women. The purpose of this site is to get women together to support one another and share information... right?! I have seen a lot of women post snarky comments to honest questions and act very horribly to success stories such as those who post they are KU on TTC boards.

I chose to stay on because of this post... and a few others.... that made me realize not everyone on the bump is like that.

Thank you!!!

Awe...that's exactly why I posted it.  Those "Mama's" don't scare me.  LOL!  Who cares you've been on a site forever!  Everyone has the right to ask whatever they want w/o being flamed.  I might repost again so that other mom's know there are moms out there other then the not so nice ones.

• Options

imageBrittKav:
    I'm seriously LOL'ing at you ladies. I suppose the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld offends you too?

Umm...Have you had the soup?! It is SO GOOD! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"