Houston Babies

Video Monitor?

Anyone love (or even like) their video monitor? 

They are all expensive, and seem to get pretty crappy reviews.... I'm at a loss as to which brand/model to go with.  

DD born March 2011
DS born Dec 10, 2013

Re: Video Monitor?

• I regret not buying one sooner!  We didn't get one with A, but we bought one this time around and I can't tell you how much more I've slept being able to peek at her and know that she's ok.  

We have the Summer Sleek and Secure, it rocks.  

• We have the slim and secure monitor and love it. The only thing is they were recalled for battery issues and strangulation issues. You have to mount the cameras on the wall which in my eyes is a duh! issue.

I split water on it last weekend and freaked out. Luckily we were able to just dry it out and it came back to life. I love having a video monitor. Olivia likes to toss and turn to put herself back to sleep and her eyes are still closed so we know she is still asleep. I think if I had regular monitor I wouldn't know when to go in there. Even when she wakes up for the day she doesn't cry. She just starts babbling to herself about how wonderful the day is going to be I guess!

• Loading the player...
  • Addicted to ours!  We have the Summer Baby Touch.  We had the Summer Day & Night one before which I hated.  It was always staticky.  I was so happy to replace it!  This one has no static issues and works great.  Love the pan and zoom, and it scans multiple rooms every 8 seconds.
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We love ours. We first registered for the Summer Day and Night and it SUCKED! Terrible static that was super annoying and nothing we did helped. We kept it far from other electronics but nothing helped.

Then I switched to the Summer Slim and Secure and it rocks!!! No static, no interference, no problems. There was a recall on the battery but no one was hurt - it just got too hot and the ones on the shelves have the new battery in them. I actually bought a second camera a few months ago since DD moves around so much and there were blind spots the way we installed ours.

• THIS!

imageKelleyA:

I regret not buying one sooner!  We didn't get one with A, but we bought one this time around and I can't tell you how much more I've slept being able to peek at her and know that she's ok.  

We have the Summer Sleek and Secure, it rocks.  

• I have the Summer Day and Night.  I do LOVE it, however, I agree with others - it seemed to get more staticky after a year or so of use.  I have heard good things about the slim and secure.  If we have #2, then I am going to get one that toggles between 2 cameras every 10 secs or so, so at night, I can hear both kids' rooms.  My friend has one, and she loves it.
  • imageCareBear01:
    I have the Summer Day and Night.  I do LOVE it, however, I agree with others - it seemed to get more staticky after a year or so of use.  I have heard good things about the slim and secure.  If we have #2, then I am going to get one that toggles between 2 cameras every 10 secs or so, so at night, I can hear both kids' rooms.  My friend has one, and she loves it.

You can have up to 4 cameras on the Slim and Secure and put it on scan so it scans through all four cameras (or however many you have linked to it).

• imageCareBear01:
    I have the Summer Day and Night.  I do LOVE it, however, I agree with others - it seemed to get more staticky after a year or so of use.  I have heard good things about the slim and secure.  If we have #2, then I am going to get one that toggles between 2 cameras every 10 secs or so, so at night, I can hear both kids' rooms.  My friend has one, and she loves it.

Ditto this. I love having a video monitor but our Day and Night one is very staticky now!  Looks like I might get a Slim and Secure whenever we have #2!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"