Minnesota Babies
Options

Any New Horizon moms?

My husband and I recently toured New Horizon Academy in Bloomington and felt pretty good about the experience!  I thought I would see if anyone has experience (good or bad) with this particular center?!

Thanks!

Re: Any New Horizon moms?

• Options

Not the Bloomington location but My son goes to a NH in the NW Metro and is now in a pre 2 room. We have been very happy with all the teachers and the activities/learning for every room he's been in as he's gotten older.  

Heather
  • Options
    Do you happen to know the prices for infants at the Bloomington one?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just sent you a PM!

• Options

We've been going to one in the south metro since DD1 was 5 months old--so almost 5 years.  We're obviously happy there. Stick out tongue  Quite a few of my friends take their kids to various centers around the Twin Cities--I haven't heard ANYTHING bad from any of them.

If you felt good about it--that is your best gauge!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I mostly lurk and hardly visit this board at all but I feel the need to comment.  I used to work for New Horizon while completing my major in early childhood education.  I would not send my child to New Horizon.  Working there absolutely made my heart break for the parents that had not a clue what horrible things were happening to their children.  Infants are given wrong breastmilk and formula... Parents are not notified.  Infants are left to cry in their cribs unless teachers know that a tour or corporate will be coming through.  Infants and children who cry "too much" are given tylenol without the parent's consent.  Teachers are left out of ratio several times throughout the day.  Toddlers are yanked and dragged by their arms and thrown to the ground when they misbehave.  You will be told that teachers are qualified when in fact they could actually have been hired as an assistant teacher.  Assistant teachers are only paid minimum wage and are not required to have taken any college courses in child development or education.  Assistant teachers are not supposed to be left alone with children, however, they are left alone quite often.

Have you looked into sending your child to Kinderberry Hill?  They are owned by the same corporation but KBH is more upscale.  They charge more for tuition but that is because all teachers have a degree in education.  They also provide diapers, organic baby food, and formula.  They also have smaller ratios (for toddlers and preschoolers).  It costs more, but your child is worth it... seriously.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"