May 2011 Moms
Options

anyone have standing or walking trigger braxton hicks?

i'm just curious.  i haven't had more than 4-5 an hour (my dr. said to call if i have 6) so i haven't been totally worried in that sense, but i feel like i get braxton hicks any time i stand up from sitting or am walking for more than a few minutes.  does this happen to anyone else?  i try to sit down or lay down really often and then they stop and i'm trying to drink a million glasses of water a day. 

i also have a crazy active babe lately and i tend to touch my belly a lot (which i just read can cause bh).  

i was mostly just curious about the standing and walking causing them- most of the places i tried to look up said that walking usually makes them go away.  anyone else?

bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone have standing or walking trigger braxton hicks?

• Options
    If I'm walking at a brisk pace, I almost always have a BH contraction.  My MW said to call if I have more than 4 in an hour, which I never have.  She advised that I drink lots of fluids and take it easy when this happens.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I have them if I sneeze while I am walking or laying down, if I am sitting I am okay. It doesn't really answer your question, but maybe it is just the activity?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get them occasionally when I've been sitting for awhile and then stand up, and walk upstairs (usually to pee or get more water).
    My overly happy baby girl!

I'm a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti-CIO Mommy
    Raising Bean
    Wives Unscripted

Married my hero on 10-11-08
    Our bean was born on 05-19-11
  • Options

I have been having them pretty regularly the last day ( ended up in L&D last night) but it seems to be aggrivated by walking.  I am having a hard time telling if it is all contractions or prehaps RLP though.

It's the constant worry of pregnancy THRILLING:) 

• Options

Me! I get them when I stand up, when I walk for a distance, or when I go up stairs. They last about 30 seconds.  I've been having them like this for about 4 or 5 weeks....Doc also told me to go into L&D if there are 6 or more in an hour, which I don't/haven't had.

I also have had long periods of intense back pain (not sciatica); my doc just did a FFN test on me to see if I'm showing signs of pre-term labor. I just think 1st and 2nd tri were so easy, this is our draw for 3rd tri.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• Options

I often get BH when I change positions and also when I am more active. My MW thinks that my ute is just irritable. She said as long as they go away when I lay down I am fine. True contractions will continue to get worse no matter what you do.

Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    i've been getting them more frequently in the last few weeks.  and this week i get them between 6-11pm like clockwork (about 2 an hr or so).  i'm on bedrest so i'm very aware of them.  there was one night everytime i moved i would get one....my uterous apparently does NOT like it when i'm gassy or have to go poo Embarrassed
  • Options

Standing definitely triggers mine. 

My dr told me that a lot of times UTIs can cause them, I was having quite a few so I went and gave a urine sample, but it came back negative, so looks like I'm just going to have to deal with them! 

I also think touching my belly can trigger them, and I have also read that.  I drink tons of water too and still get them. 

• Options

thanks for the input.  you guys made me feel better.  i have just been having a hard time the last two weeks where i'm suddenly really close to when i had ds (29 weeks) and i'm  realizing that i'm more worried than i previously thought that it will happen again. 

since my dr. said no more exertion/sex/exercise i have become totally obsessed with not doing too much of anything and all i am aware of all day are what seem like endless bh.  i have been lucky to feel totally awesome this whole pregnancy, but the mental/emotional aspect is suddenly kicking my butt. 

bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. I totally get them any time I stand up and walk anywhere. From the couch to the kitchen. From the car to the store...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh yes.  I work on my feet and after an hour of so I will get BH pretty often through out the day.  Nothing painful or uncomfortable...just tightening.  Weird.  I drink a lot of water and it seems to help.
  • Options
    Oh yes, walking brings them on like crazy as does cleaning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With DS I would get one long BH anytime I would walk anywhere until I sat down again. It was so uncomfortable but my OB said it was normal. It started at 26 weeks and I'm starting to get the same issue this time.
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"