Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Moving to the area...

My husband and I are from Amarillo originally and have been in Ohio for the past 4.5 years. He just received a job offer in the Fort Worth area and we have two weeks until we move. We decided to stay with some family in Granbury until we find a house to buy. We're looking in the Keller and Saginaw areas and I just wanted to know what the pros/cons are about both areas and any advice, opinions, etc... anyone has for us! Thanks!

Re: Moving to the area...

• Options
    I really have no personal knowlege, but from what I have heard, Keller is nicer than Saginaw and the Keller schools are good.  I hope that helps a little! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome!!

Can't speak much to Saginaw, but Keller has a great school district and lots of families.  :)

My husband and I hope to get out to the Keller/Justin/Haslet/Roanoke area in the next couple of years.  (All of these are kind of on the north side of Fort Worth)

Depending on where y'all will work/commute with families, etc. will determine a lot of pros/cons for you.  IH-35W is the main north/south from Keller down into Fort Worth etc, and that gets really heavy traffic in the morning (as you'd expect). 

But as a whole, Fort Worth traffic is much lighter/more bearable than Dallas county traffic.

Best of luck in your search!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome!

We are moving to the Keller area next weekend!  We decided to buy a home in the Heritage subdivision.  Heritage's proximity to I35 and the Keller schools were our deciding factors.  We also missed living in a master-planned community.  

Good luck with the move and home search! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We live in Keller and we love it! We are in the Timberland Estates Subdivision, which has the same floorplans as other subdivisions, but has no community facilites (which means cheaper HOA dues). The schools are great and it's a short distance to just about any restaurant or shop you'd want to go to. The traffic isn't great, but that's the case in DFW with just about any suburb. Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Keller is a wonderful area. Great schools and its beautiful. Saginaw is not that great. I have a few friends that live there and its not nearly as nice as keller.
  • Options
    What part of Ohio? DH and I are both from Ohio. I lived in the Keller area before moving in with DH. I love the Keller area, but the traffic stinks!
  • Options
    We're moving from Toledo OH. Keller sounds great! Thanks ladies for all the advice, we are so excited for this move! I'll take bad traffic any day as long as I'm back in TEXAS! It's just home for me and I've missed it so much! We're leaving some really wonderful friends though and they've made our few years here in Ohio great ones!
  • Options
    I love Keller and we are so close to all that Southlake has to offer (shopping, dining).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I live in Aledo and have friends that live in Keller and they love it, lots to do and great schools. The school is Saginaw are good but it definitely has its shadier areas, especially on the Lake Worth/Saginaw border. Traffic is a pain but not nearly as bad as Dallas or Collin counties. I am also an ex-Ohioan from Kent and we moved down when DH got a job at Lockheed in 06.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"