Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Food Allergies/ Alimentum/ Ele care

Does anyones LO have food allergies and on similac alimentum or ele care?

DD is currently on alimentum because she is sensitive to lactose and had this horrible rash and her skin had rough patches everywhere. Since being on alimentum  the rash and rough patches has gotten better but is still there and shes still scratching so i read the can and alimentum still has lactose its just broken down really small but thats what the sensitive similac can says so wtf (excuse my french) now im wondering if we should try ele care but i dont know much about it and there website does not really help. Also because of this allegrie what foods should i watch out for when starting 1st foods she already eats rice cereal from a spoon and loves it we can get it to her mouth fast enough(maybe thats why she tries to feed herself) but we would like her to be able to eat something else we already got the go ahead from pedi she keeps telling us DD is advanced shes smart but advanced idk, not to down DD she held her head up to look at people at a week old and already tries to walk if put on her feet i thought that was most babies. sorry got off topic so pedi tells us is the same thing as with the formula issues "you just have to experiment on her" what!?! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic She really wanted that poor butterfly

Re: Food Allergies/ Alimentum/ Ele care

• Options

We use Nutramigen (Enfamil's version). It is WONDERFUL. DD's rash has completely vanished, no more blood in her poop, no more excessive eye rubbing, no longer waking every 20-30 mins at night (yes, she was severely allergic). 

Only complaints, it smells yucky (and tastes a little funny too). DD balked at it for a few days, but now she chugs it down. 

HTH. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebrittonlin:

We use Nutramigen (Enfamil's version). It is WONDERFUL. DD's rash has completely vanished, no more blood in her poop, no more excessive eye rubbing, no longer waking every 20-30 mins at night (yes, she was severely allergic). 

Only complaints, it smells yucky (and tastes a little funny too). DD balked at it for a few days, but now she chugs it down. 

HTH. 

same here with the gross smell i let DD smell it first an she made the funnist face just like i did she likes it now too idk how lol. How long did it take before the symptoms went away? Is ur DDs spit up milk tinted drool instead of milk?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic She really wanted that poor butterfly
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

nutramigen still has milk in it as well.  it is broken down.

You should go see a GI dr, to see if they will prescribe elecare or neocate for your daughter.  They should really only be used in cases prescribed.  (besides then insurance may pay for it!!)

I BF my daughter and she had blood in her stool.  Then on alimentum and nutramigen she also did.  She is on neocate now.  Finally no blood.  We have to put rice cereal in her bottle as well to help her keep it down.  Since the GI dr prescribed it, insurance covers 80% of it.  

• Options
    thanks so much i will have to wait a few days until i can switch DD to kiaser her pedis office is to small for me my insurance covers her alimentum and they havent sent the paper work yet so im paying out of pocket @27$ a can going through a can every 3 days not cheep and the pharmacy is just waiting on her growth chart. Angry
  • Options
    elecare worked miracles for dd...added bonus is it doesnt smell as bad lol we get it shipped to the house from a medical supply company. we tried the alimentum route and it helped but not enough.... i found the alimentum cheapest at abcbabyformula.com free shipping too....if i remember correctly i paid about eighteen bucks a can when ordered in a case. good luck to you. 
  • Options
    imageN.M.M:
    imagebrittonlin:

HTH. 

same here with the gross smell i let DD smell it first an she made the funnist face just like i did she likes it now too idk how lol. How long did it take before the symptoms went away? Is ur DDs spit up milk tinted drool instead of milk?

Sorry I am just now seeing this. It took about three weeks to fully alleviate the symptoms. Re: the spit up, I haven't really noticed a difference from when she was BFing, still seems like real spit up to me - just a little less I guess? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"