D.C. Area Babies
Options

dumb restaurant reservation question

When you have a baby that would require a high chair, what do you do?  Specifically on OpenTable.  Reserve for 2 & then in the notes part put "plus high chair"? Or reserve for 3?

We like using OpenTable as much as possible to accumulate points, but lately I haven't known how to respond when we dine out with the baby.

Re: dumb restaurant reservation question

• Options
    I always count the baby when I am making a reservation.  If you reserve for two and show up with a baby, you won't necessarily fit at a two-top and might cause the restaurant to scramble around to find you a suitable table.
  • Options

imagehippotree:
    I always count the baby when I am making a reservation.  If you reserve for two and show up with a baby, you won't necessarily fit at a two-top and might cause the restaurant to scramble around to find you a suitable table.

Ditto this.

I reserve for 3 (me, my DH and LO) and indicate that a high chair is needed on the comments. (I used to do a reservation for 2, and we had to wait longer until they found a table for 3 .)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm impressed you're going somewhere with a baby that requires a reservation.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagegtown_bride:
    I'm impressed you're going somewhere with a baby that requires a reservation.

LOL, we don't usually NEED a reservation (usually go during lunch on Sat or Sun), but we make one anyway to (a) guarantee that we get seated promptly and (b) get more OpenTable points.

For example, Harry's Tap Room, Lebanese Taverna, Liberty Tavern etc. are family friendly if you eat early and on OpenTable.  We've be just dropping in (so they see that we're 2 adults + baby), but want to start up the "reservation habit" again for the points.

• Options

Since you need a high chair they can't put you at a 2-top, so I'd make the reservation for 3 and put in the notes that 1 of the 3 is in a high chair.

I took DD out when she was tiny and still in her stroller and I made the reservation for 2 and then put in the notes that I needed space to roll up the stroller.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"