Cincinnati Babies
Options

Recommend your video camera

I want to buy a video camera, a friend suggested getting a flip cam. Does anyone have one? Would you recommend it? The price for an HD flip camera is much less than a hand held HD video camera, so that's definitely appealing. Does the flip cam take a long time to upload videos on your computer? I am clueless when it comes to video cameras so any advice helps!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Recommend your video camera

• Options
    I totally want a flip camera. We have a [Sony] hand held HD video camera, and we NEVER use it. I don't know why we always forget to pull it out. Of course, I blame B - I claim that video is HIS job, while taking still photos is my realm. Anyway, I'm not sure why, but I think I would be more inclined to capture streaming video on a flip. As it stands, 75% of the video we have (of the boys) has been recorded on on crappy BB video. Sad
  • Options

Thanks T! The convenience of the flip camera is definitely a plus, and it's so much cheaper...when I think about it I doubt I'll be packing up a video camera whenever we leave the house, but a flip cam would be easy to bring along. I made this mistake when buying a digital camera and I hardly take it anywhere because it's so big.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My cousin had a baby in August and she uses her Flip cam all the time! I'm always getting cute little videos from her. I bought one for my sister for Christmas since she's due any moment.

My thought behind it is that who in the world wants to watch an hour video of something, just a few minutes is more than enough in my book. We have videos of when we were kids and they are funny to watch, but they drag on FOR.EV.ER!

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I can't recommend one personally, but I know quite a few people that have Flips and love them. I really want one bc of the convenience and like Tricia, a majority of any video we have of the kids is taken on our phones. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"