Alabama Babies

Pregnancy tests?

Which kind is the best to go with?  I may or may not be testing this weekend and I have no clue what to get.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Pregnancy tests?

• I really like the digital ones.  However, I think any of them would do. I took a total of 5 preggo tests and used three from the dollar general and they showed a positive just like the digital ones did.  Good luck. 
  • I always used the Clear Blue digital that reads pregnant or not pregnant. No confusion about whether there's a line or not. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have used First Response with both of my pregnancies...and both time I also got early BFP's.  You can go to their website and print a coupon. 

https://www.firstresponse.com/tellyoufirst.asp?gclid=CMr63bLoj6cCFUGo4Aod9V8Kcw

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At first I used the one that was a plus or minus, then when I saw the plus side I went to the store the next day and got the digital kind so there was no confusion.  It came with two test so I used 3 before it hit me that we were pregnant. 

• You can go to peeonastick.com for the full breakdown of different brands, but the gold standard seems to be the non-digital FRER (First Response Early Result).  Most digitals aren't as sensitive as the pink dye line tests, so I wouldn't recommend using those if you want to test early.  The blue dye tests like some store brands use are also notorious for giving false positives.

I use internet cheapies off early-pregnancy-tests.com or amazon and then use a FRER if I should get a positive on one of those.  I wouldn't waste money on the more expensive digitals until I was sure it would be accurate, and even then it's more just for the fun of seeing "pregnant" on a test! 

There are FRERs at Walmart that have an extra one in the box for free, it says on it "3 for the price of 2" and there's a coupon inside for another $2 off.  That's the best deal I've seen.  Good luck whenever you test!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I vote Dollar Tree tests when TTC...they are as accurate as any other and cheap. I had like 10 in the house.  Every time I got a negative on one, got my period that night or the next day, i.e. not pregnant.  The one time I got a positive on the $ test, I was pregnant. Went to the store for a digital to confirm at that point...I think it was First Response or Clearblue.

• Well, I was supposed to start this past Monday, but I think I might still be a little messed up from when I quit taking my BCP, or it could be stress with Adam's surgery coming up on Tuesday.  I was going to wait until Saturday to see what happens.

Thanks for all the recs though!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrsAO:

I vote Dollar Tree tests when TTC...they are as accurate as any other and cheap. I had like 10 in the house.  Every time I got a negative on one, got my period that night or the next day, i.e. not pregnant.  The one time I got a positive on the $ test, I was pregnant. Went to the store for a digital to confirm at that point...I think it was First Response or Clearblue.

This! The dollar tree tests work fine, then I bought name brands after I got a positive result on it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I used 2 of the the First Response Early Result ones, a then the FRER digital.  I didn't like that the FRER digital just said "Yes+" so I went out and bought a CBE digi so that I could see "Pregnant"  I'm lame.  I know.
  • I also used the dollar store ones and when I got a positive on 2 of those I went out and bought a Clear Blue one where there is no second guessing :)
  • I used the ones from the dollar tree first. Then when I got my BFP I used a digital clear blue easy.
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • I used FRER and according to my dating u/s (I was not tracking) found out I was pregnant at something like 2 weeks, 4 days. They are extremely sensitive!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I started with one of the dollar store ones and tested 3 & 5 days before AF, and it came back negative. The next day (2 days til AF) I used First Response and it came back VERY positive -- the line showed up DARK, immediately!

I vote First Response. The dollar store ones did nothing for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started with a FRER and then went to a CBE digital.

Good luck!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageSunshine05:

I use internet cheapies off early-pregnancy-tests.com or amazon and then use a FRER if I should get a positive on one of those.  I wouldn't waste money on the more expensive digitals until I was sure it would be accurate, and even then it's more just for the fun of seeing "pregnant" on a test! 

This.  I was a POAS addict.

• I can't believe the Dollar Tree tests worked for yall! :( Mine was negative...Maybe it was too soon though.

I took a First Response EPT with both my pregnancy's! But definately wait the whole time! lol. The first time I took it, it was negative so I threw it away and then my son had got it out of the trash and I seen it....it was POSITIVE! lol what a surprise!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"