New to The Bump
Options

Frustrated

I posted a simple question but apparently to the wrong board....so I don't know where i'm supposed to post this question...So i'm putting it here in hopes someone will possibly understand what I am going through.

Here's what I put on the other one:

So I don't post often but I thought I would post about my day and see what you all think. Last night I knew that I just felt weird and my husband and I haven't been using any protection so I thought maybe I should take a prego test....well it came back postive. So I went to bed and first thing this morning I took another test which also came back postive. (I should mention they are two different brands one was clearblue and the other was first response) So I made a doctors appointment right away because I am on some medicine that if I get pregnant I should stop taking. So anyway I did the peeing in the cup fun stuff and doc came in and said it came back negative. So now i'm just freaking confused. He took blood and said I will hear back on friday but I am more then likely not pregnant. I have taken pregnancy tests in the past that have all come back negative so I don't know why they would lie to me know and put me through alll of this!

Has this happened to any of you?!?!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Frustrated

• Options
    I went and read your post and thought all responses you got were fine.  I've never heard of a doctor tell someone they don't like HPTs and not to use them?  Not only that, but you asked a bunch of women who are working getting pregnant about your positive pregnancy tests. Having never seen a + test myself, how could I answer that question for you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can understand how that would be confusing. I would think if you're getting positive results on two HPTs and happened to get a negative at the Dr.s, it might just've been because your urine was diluted by the time you took the test at the hospital (also the tests they use aren't as sensitive as the FR). Your blood work will be the most accurate either way. I would take another HPT tomorrow morning with FMU...if you get a positive, it's pretty safe to say you're PG. GL!
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Have you missed your period?  I had the same thing happen to me.  I took two HPTs and went to the doctor for a urine test.  It came back negative.  The nurse asked how late I was and I told her I wasn't due for two more days but had two positive tests.  She told me I was probably pregnant and that some of the home tests can tell earlier than their test.  I went back a week later and got my positive. 

Best of luck!

• Options

Thank you all for responding! I didn't mean it meanly about posting it wrong on the other board, I don't want to upset anyone. I'm just frustrated and was looking for someone to understand.

All of the answers did make me feel better! I have a very irregular period (probably why I have a hard ttc) HOWEVER as far as the range of time that I normaly would have my period I would say I am not late yet. I will find out either tomorrow or friday with the blood work.

Thank you for all your responses!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am Pregnant! Blood test confirmed it! Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats!! Many of us are envious! :) Make sure to update us on your pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

CONGRATULATIONS!

In response to your earlier post, I have found some women on the bump to be slightly more than snarky when it comes to us newbies. 

There are plenty of women however that will be supportive and helpful on here also. Good luck on your journey and congratulations again!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"