January 2011 Moms
Options

what kind of diapers are you using?

DD is breastfed and has 1 huge poop a day. I have her in size 1 Pampers Swaddlers, but most days the poop goes right up her back. She's only over 8 pounds, so it's not like they're too small. Anyone using a size 1 with a "pocket" in the back that might prevent this?
"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES

Re: what kind of diapers are you using?

• Options
    Maybe they just need to be fastened tighter around her waist. ?  My breastfed LO poops all day long; every diaper change has a little poo in it; some bigger than others, but there is a guaranteed skidmark at every change.  lol
  • Options
    We're currently using Huggies Lil Snugglers, but I really prefer the Huggies Pure&Natural. No chemical-smell, worked terrifically against the worst 'shatter.' (Shart= little one, Shatter= biiiig one) We were using the Pampers Little Snugglers for only 2 weeks and stopped because of leak issues. HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive (no dry max), tried the Huggies Snugglers and hated them.

Are you sure they're not too big? We kept DD in newborn size as long as possible. She didn't start on size 1 until she was 9 lbs and we put them on pretty tight around the waist (the two sticky tabs are pretty much next to each other in the front).

• Options
    We're using 7th Generation newborn size. We had lots of leaks with Huggies naturals. We also tried Earth's Best and I liked them, but 7th Gen were less expensive. We've had 1 or 2 little leaks, but so far the 7th Gen has held up against everything (like pp, my BF LO poops constantly).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    Fuzzibunz cloth diapers. Keep the poop in quite well! Our LO also only has (typically) one big poop per day. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options
    I have a once a day pooper to and we are in the NB ones. They are a little snug but the size 1 is huge on him. 
  • Options

imagekristinamarie27:
    Fuzzibunz cloth diapers. Keep the poop in quite well! Our LO also only has (typically) one big poop per day. 

This.  We used a few different types of Huggies and Pampers both, and both ended in lots of pyrotechnics.  My kid has a few sharts through the day, but holds on to the bulk of it for one massive poop, which inevitably ends up up the back, out the legs, etc.  We've been in FBs for a week and haven't had any blowouts thus far, and it's partially because of what you described... they have a sort of inner 'shelf' because of how the elastics are fitted that holds everything in.

I know CDing definitely isn't for everyone, but I was already doing so much pooped on laundry as it was that the CD process is more of the same.

• Options
    We are using huggies little snugglers and they seem to be working well as long as I pull them so the tabs meet otherwise they are too loose and leak in the back.  when he was wearing newborns - I hated the huggies little snugglers and really like pampers swaddlers.  Right now he seems to always have blowouts in the pampers.  I have a pack of luvs to try when this box of huggies is gone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kissaluvs (cloth). I only think we've had blowouts that were "user-error" and those were in prefolds before I got the folding skills down.
  • Options
    imageJPed*:

Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive (no dry max), tried the Huggies Snugglers and hated them.

Are you sure they're not too big? We kept DD in newborn size as long as possible. She didn't start on size 1 until she was 9 lbs and we put them on pretty tight around the waist (the two sticky tabs are pretty much next to each other in the front).

They are big, but the NBs are too small, since she's a long baby. EVERY poop In the NBs was a blowout.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    Target up and up are pretty good too and cheap. Just stay away from BRU ones. They don't hold up well lots of leaks!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also recommend cloth diapers.  They hardly ever have "blow outs."  We use pro wrap and thirsties and they hold in the poo quite well.  We also use bum genius at night and love these the best but just couldn't afford to totally cloth diaper in these.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our process was this:

- Started out with Pampers in the NB size

- He outgrew them, but Pampers size 1 were too big and baggy for him

- So we use Huggies size 1 (which does have a little "flap" in the back that has prevented many a blowout).  When he outgrows the huggies size 1's, he'll be ready for Pampers size 1's.  

- Then Huggies size 2.  Then, when he outgrows those, pampers size 2. 

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    A wide variety of cloth diapers-- pockets, fitteds, prefolds and all-in-ones. He has yet to have a blowout, which I am thankful for. He did have a few leaks but that's only because I was trying out ones that were too big in the leg for him. (Max has chicken legs.)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Rumparooz one size pocket diapers & store brand when we need paper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"