Illinois Babies
Options

::: Chicago Weekly Check-In :::

Welcome to this week's Chicago Bump Check-in!

Looks like I'm going to be taking over for kme930, so please be patient with me as I figure all this out! If I didn't add you off of last weeks check-in, I appologize. Just let me know and I'll gladly add you.

If you want to be added to the check-in, please respond to this post and let me know what brings you to the bump (Do you have a DC? DD or DS? Date of DC's birthday? Are you pregnant (how far along) or TTC?), whether you live in the city or burbs (give me a direction: N, NW, W, SW, S).

Also, pregnant ladies: keep me updated if you move from team green to pink or blue! And let us know when your LOs arrive! We have a due date that passed and some coming up soon! :)

And finally, some shout outs, hugs, etc.:

Looks like a suburb gtg is in the works, yippie!

ScarlettBlue - did your little girl arrive?

magdalenamtz - any sign of your little girl?

MrsDrCook - did your lo arrive?

We'd love updates when you can. 

Chicago Moms

ChiCubsGirl, DS born 12/14/10 + DD born 6/23/09, Naperville

Madison830, DS born 12/13/10, W suburbs

eileen12183, DD born 12/4/10, Chicago

Sara714, DS born 11/11/10, Evanston

ChiTown Bridget, DS born 11/6/10, N suburbs

Amanda78, DD born 11/5/10, Lincoln Square

KristenC25, DS born 10/18/10, Albany Park

Lisa602, DD born 10/12/10, South Loop

chelle2506, DS born 10/10/10, W suburbs

Mollymay39, DD and DS born 9/23/10 + DD born 7/20/08, suburbs

alduarte, DS born 9/2/10, Bucktown/Wicker Park

Soon 2 B Mrs. Wells, DS born 7/26/10 + 5 year old DS + 14 year old DD, Westside

weebs1818, DD born 7/23/10, South Loop

kimberlyd546, DS born 7/20/10, Tinley Park

kme930, DS born 6/22/10, Lincoln Park

ladychicago, DD born 6/3/10, Streeterville/Gold Coast

BeckyKozi, DD born 11/22/06 + DD born 2/10/05, SW suburbs (is that right now? :) )

NathsPrncss, DD born 2/6/10, Hanover Park

TMDMJAOCT07, DD born 2/5/10, NW suburbs

Jordanandnumber2, DD born 2/5/10 + DD born 2/12/01, N suburbs

ReniaB, DS born 1/11/10, NW suburbs

LSzwaya, DS born 12/31/09, Northwestside

CTJourney, DS born 10/23/09, SW suburbs

nmr79, DD born 10/9/09, Winnetka (did I get that right?)

briderx, DS born 9/24/09, Southside (did I get that right?)

egsquared, DD born 8/14/09, Lakeview

calex33, DD born 7/16/09, N/NW suburbs

pharmacygirl, DS born 6/26/09 + DS born 9/22/07, W suburbs

DTNZ4Ever, DS born 3/24/09, NW suburbs

mrs.lizzieb, DS born 2/26/09, Roscoe Village

kelbrian, DD born 7/6/08, Logan Square

KChicago, DD born 8/12/06, Lakeview

ScarlettBlue, 11.5 year old DS

Pregnant

ScarlettBlue, DD due 1/12/11, Riverside

magdalenamtz, DD due 2/5/11, Bridgeport

MrsDrCook, LO due 2/14/11, Lakeview

MsJosie, DD due 3/24/11, Huntley

KimPatten, DD due 3/31/11, Wicker Park

canrenell, DD due 4/1/11,  Westside 

BBColt78, LO due 4/5/11

SouthSideDrea, LO due 4/8/11, Southside

calex33, LO due 4/16/11, N/NW suburbs

aprilandshane, LO due 4/16/11, N suburbs

chubchub, LO due 4/20/11, River North

mmks, LO due 4/21/11, Wrigleyville

mrambo3, DS due 4/24/11, SW suburbs

luvnlfe, DS due 5/4/11, River North

SarahK06, DS due 5/8/11, Wheaton

MISnJER80, DD due 5/11/11

SarahP15, LO due 6/6/11, Schaumburg

christelrn, DS due 6/8/11, Streeterville/Goldcoast

Koukla26, DS due 6/9/11, Naperville

lady3057, DS due 6/19/11, Edgebrook

celiabeth, DD! due 6/19/11, South Loop

LaSraOrtega, DS due 6/20/11, Buffalo Grove

Nurse Lisa, LO due 6/24/11, Edison Park

Pockety, LO due 6/27/11, Gold Coast

Chris&Jillshow, LO due 7/1/11, North Center

pp709, LO due 7/3/11, Algonquin
ylopez87, LO due 7/4/11, Bridgeport

loiskoo, LO due 7/7/11, NW suburbs

ShyVi826, LO due 7/8/11, NW suburbs

mcericola12, LO due 7/10/11, Streamwood

Jesusita2002, LO due 7/12/11,

kaugie, LO due 8/3/11, Ravenswood

KChicago, LO due 8/12/11, Lakeview

jillianc, LO due 8/19/11 (did I get that right?)

Klat, LO due 8/20/11, Lakeview

BeckyKozi, LO due 8/21/11, SW suburbs

ElectoRed, LO due 8/11, Southside (what's your due date??)

CortneyK09, LO due 9/1/11, Lincoln Park

gkb0910, LO due 9/2/11, Schaumburg

Jenyfur99, LO due 9/6/11 (did I get that right? you didn't note your stats in your response, but I tried to figure it out!)

chigirl0330, LO due 9/19/11, Lincoln Park

Mizrunzou, LO due 10/3/11, Bucktown

Mandy747, LO due 10/7/11, Lincoln Park

TTC

smsakai, Lincoln Square

QOTW: 

Mamas-to-be : Whats going on in your pregnancy? Feeling movement, heartburn at 2 in the morning? etc. 

Mamas of lo's : What are they up to now? Walking, talking, throwing fits in the middle of Target? etc.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: ::: Chicago Weekly Check-In :::

• Options

Hello Everyone!

QOTW: Charlotte is an official walker now, much to my excitement and my terror! She is still a little wobbly, so I spend a lot of time holding my breath and chasing her all around! :) She is also talking up a storm and says at least 10 words! She's been throwing tantrums for a few weeks now, not very often, but very loud! She is obsessed with cell phones and gets very angry and upset when we take our real cell phones away from her. She currently has 3 play cell phones...but she wants the real deal!

• Options

QOTW:  DS will be turning 2 next weekend, so we're very excited!  He's your typical active little boy, and he never sits still.  While he is generally well-behaved, we do have our share of temper tantrums in public Embarrassed 

Update:  So it looks like I may be joining the "pregnant" category as well :)  It's still very early, so we're excited but cautious.  Hopefully all will go well, and we will have an October baby this year (EDD 10/28/11).

Have a great week everyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    QOTW:  My LO took her first steps yesterday.  To daddy while I was at work.  :(   She also learned how to say her big sister's name.  Cut another tooth as well.  That means tooth # 8 should show up in the next week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is slow on talking and he has started to put 2 words together in the last week. He also is totally into helping. He loves to help unload the dishwasher and help put laundry away. It is so cute he keeps asking for more things to put away. However then he throws a tantrum when he is finished putting things away. Gotta love toddlerhood.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I started feeling baby move a couple weeks ago, and am now starting to feel a couple kicks externally!  DH and I work opposite hours so he hasn't been able to experience it yet, but I'm hoping the timing will work out soon.  I know he really wants to feel it!  We also have my 20w ultrasound on Friday, we're really excited to see the baby and find out what team we're on!
  • Options

Hi Everyone!

QOTW: Mamas-to-be : Whats going on in your pregnancy? Feeling movement, heartburn at 2 in the morning? etc. 

I've been feeling him kick a lot lately, he's been pretty active these last few days. I haven't had any heartburn yet. My back is killing me if I sit or lay in a certain position for too long. So far, things are splendid!

I'm getting restless for our little guy to arrive. Two of my friends just had their LO's last week and one of my other friends had her DD last night. These will be the longest 18 weeks ever....

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest! image image
  • Options

Hello!  Can I play? 

I post a lot on the Hawaii Bump board (was married there, therefore sort of graduated from the Knot, to Nest, to Bump there), but I'm starting to post here on my local board as well.  I'm lelekay (Leah), and DS was born 7/22/10, and we live in the North 'burbs.

QOTW:  H sits up unassisted really well now...I'll even turn around for a moment without a pillow behind him (just recently).  Still waiting on the first tooth, though.  His gums are soooo swollen, but no tooth yet!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

So fun to hear about everyone's milestones!

I have about 2 months left in my pregnancy and (knock on wood) it seems to be going well. Definitely getting a lot of movement and starting to get uncomfortable, but as long as he stays put for a little while longer, I'll be happy. Definitely excited to meet him, but I could use a little bit more time!

• Options

First, Congrats Mrs.Lizzie!

And, while out today on a playdate with NathsPrncs, I realized I didn't answer the QOTW.

Abbie turned 1 just over a week ago, she's not walking yet, but getting closer, she seems leary to let go of things, still.  She says "hi" "bye" (although not really clear yet), shakes her head "no" can say her name. She can follow directions, when she wants to. 

And, to all the soon-to-be mamas, your updates give me baby fever!! But, I am not ready for another yet.

• Options

QOTW: I'm officially 28 weeks today and I feel our little girl all the time... she gets really active at night. We had our follow up fetal echo today and everything looked good, her heart seems right on track. We go back in 5 weeks for our final (if all looks good).  I also had my GTT this morning and it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I get my results tomorrow. I can't believe I only have 12 more weeks to go!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Thank you TMDMJAOCT07!!! :)

And congrats mrs.lizzieb!! That's awesome.

Despite my ticker saying that I'm 74 weeks pregnant, I'll talk about my son instead of my pregnancy! (Stupid bump reverted back to that ticker for some reason and I think it is too funny to change!) 

Will seems to be taking a little break on the physical milestones. He gets on his hands and knees, but isn't quite crawling yet. And I'm ok with that. He just got moved up to the room at daycare where all the other LOs are crawling and they are a handful when I come by to pick DS up! I can wait before I also have to manage him opening my purse, emptying my diaper bag, etc. - his classmates are enough! Of course, I know his exposure to this means my days are numbered.

But he has been babbling up a storm. After not uttering one consonant sound at all (much to my dismay since What to Expect in the 1st Year told me that it was something I should worry about/alert our pedi to), the day of the snowstorm, DS went straight to babbling Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Blah-Blah-Blah!! And he hasn't stopped since. It's adorable. I love this stage of belly laughs and insistent babbling. :)

• Options

QOTW: 

Mamas-to-be : Whats going on in your pregnancy? Feeling movement, heartburn at 2 in the morning? etc. 

What's going on this week? Notta lotta! Just sittin', waitin' wishin'...There have been a few times that I have thought perhaps I might have felt baby move but it's so hard to distinguish between possible movement or just a random gas bubble  Stick out tongue 

• Options

Well Spencer has learned to pull himself to both a sitting and standing position. He hasn't figured out how to crawl and doesn't seem interested. When he's on his tummy, he scratches, lunges, and pulls his way to what ever he wants. It cracks me up. He will have a "conversation" with you. He "speaks" in a tone that makes you wonder what's really on his mind.

Sterling my now 6 year old is getting closer to the end of his first year of school. And he amazes me with how much he knows. Did you know they do addition and subtraction is kindergarten?? I didn't have a clue.

Kinie - My 14 year old is coming to the end of her freshman year. She is preparing for homecoming Tongue Tied She's going with a group of her girlfriends, but there will still be boys there. Again Tongue Tied. She's pretty popular, I made her promise me not to become a mean girl.

• Options

Hello Ladies!! Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer temps while it lasts!!

Mason just turned 4 months and I'm just loving the smiles and the babbling.  We have some neck exercises we are working on due to his flat head. Also thinking about starting some cereal/purees soon.  

• Options

Ana Elena finally arrived...late (6 days) like her daddy always is!  She was born on Friday, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:56pm weighing 7lbs 7oz and 20 inches long.  I must say that epidurals are a gift from God!  lol!  I had a really great birthing experience at Northwestern and with my doctor (definitely recommend Nye Partners in Women's Health if you're looking)

I've been like a zombie the last few days but it's starting to get better.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagemagdalenamtz:

Ana Elena finally arrived...late (6 days) like her daddy always is!  She was born on Friday, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:56pm weighing 7lbs 7oz and 20 inches long.  I must say that epidurals are a gift from God!  lol!  I had a really great birthing experience at Northwestern and with my doctor (definitely recommend Nye Partners in Women's Health if you're looking)

I've been like a zombie the last few days but it's starting to get better.

Congratulations!!! Kind of ironic, I exchange messages on a different board from here that was due 2/5/10 and her ds was born 2/11/10, same situation as you! Beautiful name! The zombie part does get better!

• Options

QOTW: 

I have been feeling a LOT of movement for the last 2 weeks and I am loving every minute of it - I have an anterior placenta so didn't start feeling him than later than a lot of other girls on the June board.  Heartburn comes and goes and has woken me up a few times, but I have learned what foods to avoid to keep it at bay.  Right now my biggest complaint is waking up several times a night to pee and not being able to go back to bed!  I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until 3rd tri!?! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'd like to be added! I'm Lisa, I live in the Western suburbs and DS was born 7/5/10. I'm in for a suburban GTG!

QOTW: DS is *finally* only waking up once to eat overnight and is on the verge of crawling. Tummy time is no longer a battle!

Loves: squealing, sweet potatoes, any kind of music and bathtime.

Hates: bottles (which is tough because I work full time and obviously can't EBF all day), fruit.

• Options

Ohh, I wanna join.

My name is Jen and I am due 8/31 with our first.  I live in Hanover Park, in the area where it used to be Bartlett.

QOTW: One more week until I am officially in my second trimester!  It feels so good to start coming out to family and friends now if only the m/s could subside..

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageThemetastic:

Ohh, I wanna join.

My name is Jen and I am due 8/31 with our first.  I live in Hanover Park, in the area where it used to be Bartlett.

QOTW: One more week until I am officially in my second trimester!  It feels so good to start coming out to family and friends now if only the m/s could subside..

We will have to plan a playdate in the fall when your LO arrives! Congrats and welcome!

• Options

Thanks for taking this over.  It is nice to check in with everyone.

Suburb gals;  Keep an eye out for a suburb GTG.  Check the old post so I can get an idea of what weekend in march might work for you.  Looks like both mamas and mamas to be so anyone may join us.  No place in mind yet, but taking suggestions.  We are thinking of some Sunday afternoon.  

QOTW:  So as the last few weeks have progressed I am becoming more and more certain that I have been feeling movement.  Have our next ultrasound tomorrow and I cant' wait to see how much the LO has grown since 8 weeks.  This is gonna be mind blowing Im sure.  We are not going to find out the gender, so hopefully the ultrasound doesn't give that away. :)

• Options

Oooh, ooh, I want to join, too!  :)

My name's Alice.  I live in Homer Glen (SW suburb) and am due Aug. 12, 2011 with my first LO.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oooh, ooh, I want to join, too!  :)

My name's Alice.  I live in Homer Glen (SW suburb) and am due Aug. 12, 2011.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

hello ladies!

my pregnancy is going great!  i'm feeling my baby boy moving around. i just can't wait until he is here. i've been doing good on holding back on shopping but i am guilty of buying a outfit or two. lol

• Options

Hi there - not new to the bump/nest/Chicago board but I haven't visited in awhile. Great idea to do a weekly check in!

I have a DS - born 5/08/10 - and we're in Irving Park. Currently TTC for our second (crossing fingers since DS was our 'miracle' baby and we hope to have another).

DS is all about crawling, climbing, pulling himself up and just getting into everything and anything. Ah... the joy of rambunctious boys!

• Options
    Oooh I'd love to be added too! My name is Jen, I'm almost 27, married for 5 months and from Plainfield. I will be 21 weeks pg tomorrow with our first LO and we go today for our anatomy scan!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"