New to The Bump
Options

Hello! New to the bump!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My DH and I have been TTC for a little over a year now. I started Follistim yesterday and am hoping this is our cycle!! I already posted a post in the wrong forum and didn't want to make that mistake again!! Where should I start?!
TTC #1 3 Cycle with clomid and IUI BFN's 1st cycle on Follistim and IUI with ovidrel shot CD1-2/12 CD2-2/13 CD3-2/14 Start Follistim shot u/s and blood drawn Cd3-CD7 50iu Follistim CD7 Monitor u/s Blood Drawn Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Hello! New to the bump!

• Options

What did you consider to be the "wrong forum"?

You can try the IF board, but it tends to focus more on the technical aspects of IF. You could try STTTC, but you need to lurk long and hard, and introduce yourself. You could try TTTC, or TTGP. It's up to you.

My advice:

1. Lurk, lurk, lurk. Don't post, just check out the vibe on the boards you may be interested in. Some may turn you off. Some may seem like home. when you're ready to post, lurk a little longer.

2. Introduce yourself when you post. I liken it to a cocktail party. You don't just walk up to a group that's talking and barge in. You introduce yourself and then go for it.

3. Know your audience. Certain posts (eg, an intro BFP post on a TTC board) don't go over well.

4. Have a thick skin. It's a public forum with people from all walks of life, so you're going to get some people more blunt than others. I can tell you I've been flamed (at least minorly) on almost every board I visit (and I visit a lot), and I don't take it personally. If you are the sensitive type, some (or maybe all) boards may not be for you.

5. Never, ever delete a post because you don't like what you heard or someone offended you. It just brings out the jackals. Back away slowly and let it work its way out of the system. Deleting just makes it worse.

Welcome to the boards and good luck with your treatment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"