San Diego Babies
Options

2nd time moms?

Hi, I know this might sound like a really dumb question but I'm not sure what to expect in terms of contractions/going into labor.  I'm 38 weeks pregnant and to my knowledge haven't had any contractions and I'm currently in the middle of my birthing class and my instructor acts like I should have already been feeling contractions for weeks now :-/.  Plus, each week I go to the doctor that's his first question too.  Last week the doc said he didn't think I would make it to my due date because the baby's position was already at -2, however I was only 1/2 cm dilated and again feeling no contractions to my knowledge. Any help would be great!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd time moms?

• Options
    I was actually induced with my son on his due date but I too had no real contractions...I had some braxton hicks but thats it...If they didn't induce me I felt like I could have gone at least another week. So I think you are just fine...the first baby is usually late anyway =)
  • Options
    Um each person is different and has for me I didnt feel my contractions until I was 3cm.  However, when I did feel them they went from my back all the way down to my va jay jay... trust me you will know when you are having a contraction, but remember you might not feel the 1 or 2 cm...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I suffered with contraction for 3 week straight before they were strong enough to go into L&D. I was 6-7 when they admitted me. (they'd sent me home at 4cm 2wks prior.) I had that baby less then 20 min after I was rushed to the delivery room!

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Totally feel your pain on this one, I am 39 weeks and havent really felt anything significant or painful. My first was induced so I didnt really feel any hard contractions either the first go around. What is considered a low range contraction is just a very hard tummy, believe it or not that is a contraction or braxton hicks stage but it does get everything moving. I havent dilated at all yet so you must be experiencing more than I am.... Good Luck!
  • Options

When I was about 35 weeks with DS, I would get these weird stretching feelings.  I thought that he was stretching out against me in multiple directions.  A few days before I delivered I mentioned this to my BFF who had 5 kids at the time.  She said that those were contractions!  Who knew!!  Whenever my midwives asked if I was having them I said no but I really was.  :o

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"