Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

DD cut her finger and it won't stop bleeding

I have no idea what she cut it on, but I was carrying her and DH noticed her hand was covered in blood.  She wasn't crying and didn't even seem to notice it.  I washed her hand off and noticed what looks like a paper cut going across the entire pad of her first finger on her right hand (from the edge of her nail all the way across the fingertip, to the other side).  I put pressure on it for a few minutes, but as soon as I took the towel off, it started to gush again.  Not just drip a little bit, but within 2 seconds her hand was covered in blood again.  I put a little bandaid on it and held more pressure on it while I fed her lunch, but as soon as I'd let go of her hand, she'd try to eat the bandaid.  Then the bandaid kept filling with blood and falling off, so I held pressure on it again for a while, then I put a new, bigger bandaid on it before her nap.  I'm worried that she'll somehow manage to get the bandaid in her mouth during her naptime, and that it'll also continue to bleed.  She still doesn't seem to be in any pain, and the only thing that bothers her is the bandaid... I just don't know how else to stop the blood.  It doesn't look like a deep cut - I tried to pull on it to see if it was a deep gash, but it looks very superficial - just very bloody.  Are there any bandaids that would fit baby fingers and not fall off?  Should I call the pedi if it's still bleeding after her nap?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD cut her finger and it won't stop bleeding

• Options
    Liquid Bandaid!  This happened to me once when I was babysitting.  You have to apply it more than once to get it to stop the bleeding. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

imageABColeslaw:
    Liquid Bandaid!  This happened to me once when I was babysitting.  You have to apply it more than once to get it to stop the bleeding. 

I need to get some of this stuff to keep on hand. I didn't even know it existed!

GL, Mopsie!!! I hope it has already stopped!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it safe for kids who will suck on their fingers?  I feel like I should put one of her newborn mittens on her to keep her finger out of her mouth!!!
  • Options
    definitely liquid band-aid! i hope it stops soon though.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

can you put neosporin on it and wrap gauze around her hand (kinda like a mitten?).

I know she'll probably try and eat that too, but the neosporin should help stop the bleeding or wrap gauze over the liquid bandaid?

of course as I write this,  I'm thinking that trying to wrap gauze around an infants hand will not be the easiest task. 

I hope it stopped Sad

• Options

imagemopsie:
    Is it safe for kids who will suck on their fingers?  I feel like I should put one of her newborn mittens on her to keep her finger out of her mouth!!!

Yes the person who taught me the trick was a doctor and said it was fine.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

The liquid band aid doesn't taste good.  I had a cut on my finger and used it once and I was eating something and I licked my finger after and I remember it tasted gross!!! So, if she does put her finger in her mouth she probably wouldn't do it again after!!!! I hope it stopped when she wakes up from her nap!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDaisyFull:

imageABColeslaw:

I need to get some of this stuff to keep on hand. I didn't even know it existed!

GL, Mopsie!!! I hope it has already stopped!

Ditto all of Daisy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"