Indiana Babies
Options

Diaper Rash

Here we go again.

Any time he gets an inkling of a runny diaper, he gets a bleeding, oozing bum.  No matter what we do. Triple paste, maalox, yogurt, desitin, a&d, pure cornstarch, just using water to clean him, airing out and even the silvadine didn't work last night.  It was bad enough that he wouldn't sleep last night.  

I even used the sensicare that we get from the hospital (if you ever can get some, do it) and today that's not even working.  

Any other ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Diaper Rash

• Options
    I'm no help on this--Josie has never had one (knock on wood)--but Ryan is sure looking more like a little boy in your new siggy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used vaseline and aquaphor - it has helped alot.   For some reason Clark is now on day two of semi diarrhea - not good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know b/c we haven't had it, but, do probiotics help? :(
  • Options

He gets probiotics daily.

I should have mentioned, we've done the vaseline/aquaphor thing.  If it doesn't go away today, I'll have to call Dr Z tomorrow.  I loaded him up with the silvadine before his nap, so keep your fingers crossed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Since I didn't see on your list, have you tried antifungal + hydrocortizone?
  • Options
    Good luck!  The only thing that seems to work for us when it's red and blistery is Aquaphor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"