San Diego Babies

The Bradley Method vs Traditional classes

Anyone heard of the Bradley method?  How does it compare to the typical courses offered by hospitals?  ThanksBig Smile

Re: The Bradley Method vs Traditional classes

• The Bradley Method teaches you techniques to cope with contractions and all the way through labor. Most moms who take this course intend on having a natural birth. I read the book on Bradley Method and took the traditional course... and both helped me for my delivery.

Hope that helps!

• I did hypnobirthing with my last delivery and it was fabulous. I was fully dilated before things started getting rough. When I had a contraction, I just slipped away. The anesthesiologists accused me of sleeping til they saw the contraction monitor!
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Birth classes offered by the hospital typically cover the process/stages of labor and give you basic pain relief techniques to get you by until your epidural. Bradley classes, as well as hypnobabies/hypnobirthing (and others), give techniques for a natural childbirth. If you're wanting a med free birth then I would skip the hospital classes.
  • I did Bradley classes because I was aiming for a natural birth.  LOVED them!  If you aren't planning on going natural, I wouldn't do them though.  They are more $$ than hospital classes & 12 weeks long.  But, if you want to go natural take them!  You can PM me for my instructors info.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"