TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

newbie confusion

I have been lurking and I am confused with the rules. Please note that I am trying to clarify, NOT be snarky.

After yesterday's drama with Corts and Curls, this was posted on the Pregnant after a loss board.

Actually, no one posts their BFPs over on TTCAL. Even long time posters.  Stephanie didn't. Ayme didn't. Ginger didn't.  A few other newbies over here didn't.  Yes, some of them were shouted out to on TTCAL by someone else, but they never rubbed it in our faces. 

But then why is it today that Amy Guppy announced her BFP today and got such great support, assuming she is a long time poster.. I thought that was taboo for EVERYONE on the board.

P.S. I sincerely hope that Guppy Amy has a H&H 9 months.

Re: newbie confusion

• Options

Simple answer: TTCAL and 6+ are very different boards. GuppyAmy didn't post her BFP on TTCAL, she posted it on 6+. Everyone on 6+ has been a long time poster, hence the reason we're on this board, we have all been here for 6 or more months. 

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options

Okay.. I get it now. Thanks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageColleenS629:

Simple answer: TTCAL and 6+ are very different boards. GuppyAmy didn't post her BFP on TTCAL, she posted it on 6+. Everyone on 6+ has been a long time poster, hence the reason we're on this board, we have all been here for 6 or more months. 

Great answer, although you are far nicer in your answer than I would have been to someone asking this who has 5 posts to their name.  Guess I am feeling extra snarky - lol. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really hope you are a newbie and not someone posting with an AE trying to start drama. If you read the description of this board we are a group of ladies that were active members of ttcal and have been trying 6+ months since our loss. We have all formed a tight bond and I really don't appreciate this post you wrote.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

WTF do you care? Amy is our friend, she has supported every one of us on this board, and she deserves the same from us.

TTCAL regular flavor used to be the same way, a generation or two of posters ago. But regardless, this here ain't TTCAL, sugar. 

• Options
    Thanks guys... And Colinda TTCAL used to be very different.
  • Options
    Just a couple months ago, it was very much the norm for a regular poster to post on TTCAL when they got their BFP.  That post named many who hadn't, and believe me, I can think of just as many, if not more, very long-time posters who DID post.  TTCAL 6+ is an incredibly different board.  After all of the love and support Guppy Amy has shown everyone here, why wouldn't we be happy for her?
  • Options

imageGuppyAmy:
    Thanks guys... And Colinda TTCAL used to be very different.

Yeah, I meant TTCAL used to be "the same way" as I described 6+ in my post - that longtime posters got support for BFPs too.

Regardless, the newbie questioner can shove it. 

• Options
    That is one thing I have never understood about the ttcal board.  I post there a lot, and love a lot of those ladies. But, I personally, want to know when someone I have supported and rooted for gets a BFP.  However, I don't want to lurk on pgal and read through ultrasound posts, pregnancy symptoms, etc to find out someone got a BFP-  that is like torture to me. 
  • Options
    imagewickedsugar:
    imagegizmosmommy:

I have been lurking and I am confused with the rules. Please note that I am trying to clarify, NOT be snarky.

After yesterday's drama with Corts and Curls, this was posted on the Pregnant after a loss board.

Actually, no one posts their BFPs over on TTCAL. Even long time posters.  Stephanie didn't. Ayme didn't. Ginger didn't.  A few other newbies over here didn't.  Yes, some of them were shouted out to on TTCAL by someone else, but they never rubbed it in our faces. 

But then why is it today that Amy Guppy announced her BFP today and got such great support, assuming she is a long time poster.. I thought that was taboo for EVERYONE on the board.

P.S. I sincerely hope that Guppy Amy has a H&H 9 months.

Ummm and WHO are you ??? And you are obviously using an AE ... Dare you to man up & use your Reg SN and say something.

Yes

Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Because the women on this board are awesome, supportive and care deeply for one another.  They basically kick ass in all ways it is possible to kick ass.

• Options
    Colinda answered it best
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options
    imageScout05:

Because the women on this board are awesome, supportive and care deeply for one another.  They basically kick ass in all ways it is possible to kick ass.

Yup. This. And the brilliant Colinda's response.

I didn't post my BFP here, but I know that if I had I would have received nothing but encouragement and affection. Just like Amy did. Because she's been there for us and we're stoked for her.

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• Options
    I think OP should go away. Let ladies here be happy for who they want to be happy for.
    Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Options
    Who the hell are you? Why so cowardly behind an AE?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"