Cincinnati Babies

Do you leave your crockpot on?

Do you leave your crockpot on when you aren't at home?  It makes me nervous, but I am pretty sure that's the norm - right?
Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
Baby Sister is coming soon!

Re: Do you leave your crockpot on?

• you are hilarious. just make sure it isn't on high before you leave.
  • I am seriously like the biggest nervous nelly there is... no lie.  Ask my H - he can make fun of me for hours over it :)
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty paranoid about everything, but I use my crock pot all the time.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Just make sure whatever you're cooking has plenty of liquid.
    Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
  • All the time, but it does make me a little nervous too, lol.  I just make sure there's nothing near it.  I figure a little worrying is worth having dinner ready when I walk in the door.  Stick out tongue 
  • I was really really nervous to do it the first few times. The more I did it though the easier it got to step away and shut the door behind me. 

It took me two years after our wedding to finally use my crockpot. LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Absolutely I do.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • yes, but ours always overcooked our stuff.

we just got a programmable one that switches to warming when done cooking.  I love it!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We leave ours all the time and have on high to run to the grocery or something.  I LOVE crockpot cooking.

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I do leave mine on, and it gets a lot of use.  DH is usually in and out during the day and peeks at it when he is home.  I have left it for 10 hours.  Just make sure the area around it is clear, and you have some liquid in the pot.  It is fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yep, we leave it on all the time.  Figure that is what it is for:)  Have never had a problem with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"