New Jersey Babies

Initial ob/gyn visit after hpt

I just took a home pregnancy test yesterday and it is positive :) My doctor set me up to get blood work done at a lab next week and then a sonogram followed by and appointment 4 days later with a nurse practitioner at the office. Is this typical? I feel like it won't feel real until I see the doctor!

Re: Initial ob/gyn visit after hpt

• My first appt after I took the test was not until I was almost 8 weeks pregnant so most doctors don't have you come in right away.
  • Congrats!    Bloodwork and sonogram results will make it feel real no matter who you see.     All your ultrasound appointments with be w/ a tech anyway and those are the best appointments -- no doctor there.   It's great that your OB is taking you so early. Most won't see you until 8 weeks.  

Good luck  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info! I am going early b/c I had irregular cycles so even though I'm pretty sure we only conceived 3 weeks ago based off my date of last period it looks like 8 weeks already. We shall see! Do you know if the initial sonogram is normally internal? A friend of mine said she was surprised to find that out her first visit.
  • My sonograms were internal for the first few weeks; it's easier to get a good look that way because your uterus is still really small at that point.  I didn't have my first external ultrasound until my first trimester screening at 11 weeks.

Congratulations!  I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Thank you! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is happy and healthy too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"