October 2011 Moms
Options

Blue Cheese Dressing?

So, my favorite thing to eat is buffalo chicken...with blue cheese dressing.  Can I really not have this for the next 9 months?! :)

I buy the Ken's Light Blue Cheese in a bottle...someone told me that that kind is actually ok.  I looked on the ingredients and blue cheese is listed about the 5th ingredient.  I can't find anything online specifically about blue cheese dressing.

Is it ok?  Or am I stuck with ranch dressing until October?

2.5.14 LMP - 3.15.14 BFP - 4.4 u/s confirmed no sac - 4.10 ruptured tube with emergency surgery

Re: Blue Cheese Dressing?

• Options
    salad dressing should be pasteurized, so it should be fine. but ask your doc on your next appt.
  • Options
    Like tx said, I would be pretty sure the dressing is pasteurized before packaging since it is shelf stable at room temperature before opening, but if you're really concerned, talk to your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is probably fine, as long as it is a room temperature one and not a refrigerated one. If you want to be really careful - find one that says the blue cheese is made with pasteurized milk. Also a crumbed blue cheese made with pasteurized milk will be fine (and might be easier to find).

EDD - October 13, 2011 - Can't wait to meet our little one! BFP cycle BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"