High-Risk Pregnancy

Anyone else seeing "glitter"?

Has anyone experienced what appears to be flashes of sparkly little lights, like silver glitter? I started to see these little bits of glitter in my vision this last week and called my doctor to find out if it's anything to be concerned about. I am now going in for my doctor's appointment tomorrow instead of 2 weeks from today. It's for some "tests" but the nurse who called me back did not specify what test I would be given or for what reason. Anyone experience anything like this? I don't know if it makes a difference but I am 23 weeks, 1 day along.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else seeing "glitter"?

• I do sometimes.  But, usually if I get up too fast (that doesn't happen often at this point).  Or when I have to work hard to change positions because of the pelvic pain I am in.  I guess I don't know if it is normal or bad... it only happens once a week or less for me.
  • I really hope that is not what it is.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had both this and dark spots in my vision with my pregnancy. My perinatologist said that the "glittery" floaters I would get were from poor circulation. I would notice them when I would get up from my desk after sitting for a long time.  She said the blood pools in your legs and it would help if I elevated my legs. 

I also got dark spots in my vision when I had pre-e. These were like black spots that didn't really move like the glittery, sparkly stuff. They were very different sensations. I think the stuff you describe is pretty normal as your circulation changes. It's always a good idea to get it checked out though. :)

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Have you been tested for GD? Before I was pregnant my dr regularily tested me for Type 2 diabetes (which I never had) and asked me if I ever experienced the "glitters". At that point I never had. Now I have GD, and I've been seeing the "glitters" quite often. I don't know how related it is, but It's possibly something to look into.
  • I have been seeing them also. I have high blood pressure and am on medications...my vision seems to be really weird lately. I see little glitters and floaters and I have no idea why..I am seeing them now while i am typing. I brought it up to the high risk doc and my obgyn and neither of them seemed to concerned...I go back this thursday and I am going to bring it up again. I am also had blood drawn and had a 24 hour urine kit done for my high blood pressure becaues of possibly having diabetes or preclamp...
  • Visual disturbances like this usually indicate problems with your blood pressure. I'd recommend heading to your local grocery store and getting your blood pressure taken and then call your OB with the results. If it is high you should be seen immediately to rule out pre-eclampsia and other serious issues. Always better safe than sorry.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • I've had Type 1 diabetes since I was 7. They took my BP today and it was really high, they said that I will be going on bed rest probably by Friday. They are just waiting until Thursday to decide (after I turn in that horrible 24 hour urine test) and they take more blood. Between the long term diabetes, the BP, and my job (Special Education) they think bed rest is going to come sooner rather than later. I'm only 23 weeks, it's too soon!
  • I've been experiencing this for a few months now, since my blood pressure dropped. I have perfect BP (or what I would consider lower, 110/60).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• please don't stress if you have to be on BR.  it's the best thing for you and LO.  in 2 of my previous pregnancies i was on BR for pregnancy induced hypertension from around 5 mos. on.  sure it gets boring, but it's worth it.  you can do it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"