Washington Babies
Options

Car Seat Lady

Has anyone ever used the car seat lady? Just wondering what her fees are or if there are none, what is a good amount to donate? Might be worth the $ to not have to go out and get my car seat checked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Car Seat Lady

• Options

I am assuming you are talking about to have your seat installed/inspected.  I did it through our local fire dept but found it on here...

https://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/Index.cfm

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecmcmillan:

I am assuming you are talking about to have your seat installed/inspected.  I did it through our local fire dept but found it on here...

https://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/Index.cfm

Yep, to have it inspected. Didn't know they installed, thought they only checked.. I copy/pasted the info below:

The Car Seat Lady
    Seattle, WA 98124

Counties Served: King, Pierce, Snohomish
    Hours: Please call to schedule an appointment.

Phone: 206-619-2871  

I heard about her during a hospital tour, she comes to your house. I ended up calling the Lynnwood PD and left a message. And that's the same link I found the Car Seat Lady and Lynnwood PD through!

It's only been about 6 months since DD has been out of her booster seat- it's been so nice not having a backseat with a carseat in it (8 years of it!) and now we're back to square 1 Stick out tongue Oh well! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I called her and left messages and never heard back. Whenever we've gotten ours inspected they removed it and reinstalled it. It doesn't take long to install an infant seat. The big key is to kneel on it to really push it down so you van tighten the latch attachments or the seat belt.
  • Options
    We used her and she came and installed it and talked with us about different safety things for like half an hour or so.  I think we gave her $50, but I'm not positive. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I didn't check where you are, but I'd just drive to Kirkland and for free have these ladies check it out:

https://www.800bucklup.org/

I drove in when K was a 8 weeks old [she had an orthopedic harness and I needed help making sure she was safe in her carseat with it]. I had them go over everything with me and they were great.  One woman there has the manuals for most major carseats memorized...freaky, but impressive.

ETA: Okay, I see you didn't want to drive somewhere.  I'd still take them for free because I'm too cheap to pay someone to come to my house if there's a free option... and they can take you any time.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"