2nd Trimester

Buying furniture @ Walmart?

I was just looking at Walmart online and looks like the furniture there is pretty good. I am wondering if anyone can share their experience and what they bought from them? Thanks

Re: Buying furniture @ Walmart?

• A lot of WalMart sites furniture isn't sold in store and comes from various companies. I would just look into reviews. Even JCP had some bad reviews on the dresser I wanted (decided not to get). I think quality just depends on the particular item/maker.
  • I haven't bought my baby furniture yet but I've read about a lot of ladies on here that brought the Graco Lauren from Walmart.com.  They sell the same crib at Target, Babies R Us, and Burlington, except they sell it as a package at Walmart and it comes with a free mattress!  I'd say go for it!
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband and I wanted an inexpensive black bedside table for our guest room and got it from walmart. You have to take the reviews with a grain of salt. It's like Ikea furniture only maybe a tad cheaper. It looks great, though, and no one would ever know it came from Walmart. We're happy with it and are planning on purchasing a matching dresser closer to our due date. And, if the cribs are cheaper there, we'll get it from there as well. Keep in mind, you have to assemble it yourself, but it's not that difficult. Also, they have a great site to store option, so you dont have to pay shipping fees if your trying to cut down your costs.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Forgot to mention, we also got our patio furniture there and LOVE it!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our mini-crib is from Walmart and it still looks new. Really sturdy, I love it! (We never got a full size, went from a mini crib to a toddler bed)
  • I am getting my furniture from Walmart. Their prices are awesome! I have been searching around and I have not found better deals. We pretty much getting everything from Walmart.com. Just make sure you read the reviews on the items that your looking at and you will be fine.
  • I think it is a matter of personal preference. Do you want furniture that is in it for the long haul, or are you just looking for something to get by with, until your baby gets a little bigger and you can redecorate. I personally went with a set from Munire, knowing this was going to be it for a really long time. But I have plenty of stuff from IKEA that I know I will likely have to replace sooner rather than later. It's about what you want. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it is a matter of personal preference. Do you want furniture that is in it for the long haul, or are you just looking for something to get by with, until your baby gets a little bigger and you can redecorate. I personally went with a set from Munire, knowing this was going to be it for a really long time. But I have plenty of stuff from IKEA that I know I will likely have to replace sooner rather than later. It's about what you want. Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We ordered our crib (Graco Lauren) from there, and it was by far the best price at the time.  It arrived right at my door exactly a week after I ordered it, in perfect condition.  It came with a free mattress but I exchanged it because it was only 80 coils and I wanted a better one.  You can return most (maybe all?) online purchases in the store too, which is a plus.  I will probably order our bassinet and some other things from them too.  They also have some decent maternity clothes online.  GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't forget to read reviews of furniture from other places besides walmart.com, babiesrus.com, etc.  Check out the book Baby Bargins for reviews by manufacturer and gives them grades (A-F).

• Don't forget to read reviews of furniture from other places besides walmart.com, babiesrus.com, etc.  Check out the book Baby Bargains for reviews by manufacturer and gives them grades (A-F).

• pretty sure if you buy your furniture from walmart you dont love your kid.

I KID I KID

• Walmart furniture= Bad mom!!!!!

Wink

I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • We got a Graco Lauren crib and our mattress at walmart.com.  Site-to-store shipping, so we didn't have to pay any extra.  The cost was great, nothing was beat up at all.  We were a little concerned about the crib being damaged in shipping, but the store associates assured us that if we found any problems when we got it home we could return it with no questions asked.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • How dare you buy your furniture from Wal-mart!! Do you not love your kid?!

Good times, good times. Stick out tongue

• It's true your going to be a horrible mother if you buy your kids crib from Wally world!

Stick out tongue Just kidding. I have this exact crib from walmart and I LOVE IT!!! It's great quality, easy to put together, and looks SHARP!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/14659346 Also my son is a chunk weighing in at 29lbs at 1yr. He bounces all over that thing and it's as sturdy as the first day. Good luck!

• Wink
    imageAlltwistedup:

It's true your going to be a horrible mother if you buy your kids crib from Wally world!

Stick out tongue Just kidding. I have this exact crib from walmart and I LOVE IT!!! It's great quality, easy to put together, and looks SHARP!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/14659346 Also my son is a chunk weighing in at 29lbs at 1yr. He bounces all over that thing and it's as sturdy as the first day. Good luck!

Oh yeah I have the mattress too! My son sleeps like an angel

• We got our glider for DD from Walmart and its held up very well.  I'm sure the pricier ones are probably more cushy but I really have no complaints on the one we ended up buying.  I'll be using to DD#2 too!
  • Furniture is furniture no matter where you buy it... I personally think it's dumb to spend more on the same brand crib just because it's at a "nicer" store.  The baby only sleeps in a crib for 2-3 years so its not needed for "the long haul" and they really don't have time to "damage" it since they are usually sleeping when they are in it.  I say save your pennies and put them towards things that actually matter!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I think it depends on the brand. You definately can NOT beat Walmart's prices and in this economy, we could all use some help!

Check out the book "Baby Bargains." It only costs 10 dollars and rates EVERY baby item (cribs, bedding, strollers, car seats, clothing, pumps, bottles, etc) on a grading scale (A-F).  It has helped me a lot!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got mine at Target, we all know target is way better than Wal Mart therefore, the furniture is safer...
  • Lol- you ladies are funny.  I am probably going to get a Graco crib from Walmart.  I did see some great bundles online but I went into the store to see the crib and I didn't like it in person.  (The bundle wasn't available in store but the same crib was available by itself so at least I could see the wood in person).  I agree about reading reviews online on several different sites.
  • DS's toddler bed is from there and we love it.  We wanted something on the cheaper side, until we can agree on what we want for his room and it worked out well.  Free shipping site to store and so far it has held up well.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We purchased the Graco Lauren crib/changing table and we were VERY pleased with our experience and the set.

They shipped quickly and the shipping was VERY reasonable. It came in great condition, and we plan on purchasing quite a few more items from there as well, including the Dorel upholstered rocking chair. 

Another up side to purchasing with Walmart is that they will allow you to return the items to the store, but if you cannot physically get them to the store, they will arrange for one of their shipping carriers to come and pick it up at your house. This is what sold us on purchasing the Dorel chair. We really wanted to try it out, but knew if it didn't work out we would NEVER be able to get it back to the store. Once they assured us we could have it picked up, we figured it was definitely worth the savings to give it a try.

• I bought a crib, a glider, and a dresser w/railings on the top for a changing station (I don't remember the brands for the dresser or the crib).

The crib and glider held up well, I liked both. But the dresser began to litteraly fall to pieces after 18 months. My husband used some glue and screws and it stayed together for another year but I couldn't change my son on it, for fear of it collapsing under him.

Walmart does carry some decent stuff, just be careful and do your research!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
  • imagechelseaalf20:
    I don't see how Target is better then Walmart.... And there really is NO DIFFERENCE if it is the SAME BRAND at another store!! I bought my crib from Walmart because it was $100 cheaper then Target. It doesn't make it a horrible item or less sturdy or not reliable if it's from Walmart. I always shop at Walmart even with groceries now because it is sooo much cheaper. I think people really give Walmart such a bad rep just because the "types" of people that shop there and it sucks because I will always love Walmart as long as they are the cheapest :)

Clearly, your baby has stolen your sense of humor.  

• We are ordering the Graco Lauren crib from Walmart with the free mattress. If you get a Walmart credit card then you get $20 off any purchase of $100 or more so it ends up being a pretty good deal.
  • I would say go for it. If you get it and decide it isn't right you can take it back to your local store. We were going to buy from JCP untill I read their return policy on furniture. It is only 15 days and only if it is damaged. Not something I want to deal with just in case it isn't what it says since its not sold in stores around here..
  • I bought the crib from Walmart and will be being the rest of the pieces soon. I loved BRU's Da Vinci Kalani set, but it was really pricey. I found out that the manufacturer, Million Dollar Baby, also makes Baby Mod, sold at Walmart. I found the same exact furniture on Walmart's website with free site to store shipping for $100 less. The other pieces are between $60-100 cheaper also. We put the crib up last night and I absolutely love it. It's exactly what I was hoping for.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"