Babies on the Brain
Options

2 vs 3 kids?

We're thinking about getting pregnant with baby #3 within the next year or so, but we're not 100% sure that a 3rd child is what's best for our family. Basically, I'd like another one, but DH wants just 2. I'd love to hear the reasons that you decided to have (or plan to have) just 2 children or went for a 3rd (or more!). If you already have 3, do you think it really changed the family dynamics all that much? Did you think the adjustment from 1-2 or 2-3 was harder? TIA! :)

Re: 2 vs 3 kids?

• Options
    I don't think there is a perfect answer for this. I believe its truly a decision you and your husband need to make together.  My DH wants 2, I'd like to have 3 but at this point, I'm feeling lucky with the one we have. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    PCOS, Ectopic & M/C of twins October 2010, Currently TTC #2
  • Options

We went for the third and will go for four and five for the tax refund.... Stick out tongue

Really though for me, going from one to two was MUCH harder than two to three. I think once you are outnumbered, it does not make much of a difference by how much. 

Who knows what kind of responses you may get on this board, but as you know it is a decision between you and the hubs. Financially, we are crunched with the third with medical debt because I had a complicated pregnancy, and she was in the NICU, but other than that, we are not noticing much more of an increase in cost yet .

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    there's no one to answer this for you. Its a personal decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrs.Rotty:

She is not asking IF she should have another one, she is asking about others' experiences. How did it change family dynamics, Which was harder 1-2, or 2-3 ect. 

• Options
    imagefirsttogo:

imageMrs.Rotty:

She is not asking IF she should have another one, she is asking about others' experiences. How did it change family dynamics, Which was harder 1-2, or 2-3 ect. 

And it's a personal decision whether one situation is harder then the other. Which is what Rotty said.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMEL73104:
    We're thinking about getting pregnant with baby #3 within the next year or so, but we're not 100% sure that a 3rd child is what's best for our family. Basically, I'd like another one, but DH wants just 2. I'd love to hear the reasons that you decided to have (or plan to have) just 2 children or went for a 3rd (or more!). If you already have 3, do you think it really changed the family dynamics all that much? Did you think the adjustment from 1-2 or 2-3 was harder? TIA! :)
  • Options
    imagedanlexi04:
    imagefirsttogo:

imageMrs.Rotty:

And it's a personal decision whether one situation is harder then the other. Which is what Rotty said.

That's what the OP is asking - for personal stories/reasons/experiences.

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    Regardless of what's been asked here, if your DH wants 2 and you decide to go for 3, I don't see that ending well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagefirsttogo:
    imageMEL73104:

Wow, you don't give up, do you.  Bolding things doesn't make you more right

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

imagerobinsokj:
    Regardless of what's been asked here, if your DH wants 2 and you decide to go for 3, I don't see that ending well.

This.

fewer kids desired always trumps more kids desired out of fairness for the yet-non-existant kid.

• Options
    We will stop at two because I'm a firm believer in not making more people than necessary to replace us (DH and I) on the Earth.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options

It just seemed as though the question needed some clarity for some. Many are fast to jump on posts like this, as if the OP was asking IF she should  have a baby, or WHEN she should have one, when she was merely asking for what others have gone through or felt.

Some responses seemed to be rattled off without having read the OP thoroughly. 

• Options
    No, the question is clear. The problem is the tiny detail of her husband only wanting 2. Unless her husband is on board with another, she really shouldn't be entertaining the idea.  Cart, horse, blah blah blah.
  • Options
    Wow, I'm surprised at the responses here - it really was just a simple question,  wanting to know other experiences - obviously I know it's a personal decision. I should clarify that DH is certainly open to another child - he's just not as convinced as I am. He always said he just wanted 2, I always said I wanted 4 - 3 seems like a good comprimise. :) At this point, he says he's 50/50 on the issue, so it's not like I'm trying to force him into something he flat out doesn't want.
  • Options
    imagefirsttogo:

It just seemed as though the question needed some clarity for some. Many are fast to jump on posts like this, as if the OP was asking IF she should  have a baby, or WHEN she should have one, when she was merely asking for what others have gone through or felt.

No, the question didn't need to be clarified. Just because some people didn't give stories and details doesn't mean they didn't answer her question. And not for nothing but it seems like you came in here to borrow trouble.
  • Options
    imagefirsttogo:

No, the question didn't need to be clarified. Just because some people didn't give stories and details doesn't mean they didn't answer her question. And not for nothing but it seems like you came in here to borrow trouble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"