New Jersey Babies

how to stop being angry at your other half

Since the birth of my son, i keep being angry at my husband for dumb stuff. Its not that he doesnt try to do stuff or help, he does but he just sometimes says stupid stuff, does stupid stuff and now i am angry at him allot. I was never like that with him. We never argued or got mad, now its the nature of our relationship. I dont know how to handle it. Thoughts? I dont like to fight and i feel we are going in seperate directions. Is this normal? I dont think we need professional help its just a phase we are going thru right?

Re: how to stop being angry at your other half

• I totally get what you are saying. Maybe see if someone can babysit and get out just the two of you. That helps us.
  • how old is your child? Is it possible that you have a little post partum? Not like the "i want to hurt the baby" kind but just depressed? It is also a very trying time on a relationship  because you, the primary caregiver, always feel like you are sacrificing and doing more. I personally think everyone can use therapy because we do things we are unaware of that can be pointed out by a therapist..just a suggestion. I hope things get better-- try to communicate how you are feeling with your husband so you can maybe try to figure out why you are in the place you guys are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I too would  get soo mad  at  my  husband. so much so  that  I  could  feel  my blood  boiling, and it wasn't for anything major. I wouldn't snap at  anyone  else just him:  for leaving his socks on the floor or loading the dishwasher wrong, all things  that  he  did  before. 

The  anger is  a  form of ppd, or  so I've  read. I think  therapy would  help a lot in  sorting out your  feelings. Def talk to DH  about  how  you  are feeling.  Keeping al that  anger  between you  two is  going to put a  strain on your relationship.  There is  nothing  worng with going to  therapy. I was in  denial  for  a long while and  just making the appointment  changed  things. Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"