Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

transition from Rock N Play to Crib

DS is 4 months old and has been in his rock n play since he was about 3 weeks because he has AR. We have tried a few nights to put him in his crib but he ends up waking up every 15-30 min.  Any tips from anyone that has transitioned? TIA!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: transition from Rock N Play to Crib

• Options

It was recommended to me (by Wife) to get a crib wedge. That helped the transition out since it wasn't an incline straight to flat change. It allowed C to get used to the surroundings, and the new feel of the crib. We only used it a few nights, and now she does great!

?

Good luck!?

• Options
    We had the same problems. I started making him nap in his crib to get used to it then after about 2 weeks of that I put him in it at night.  I elevated one side of the mattress with my nursing school textbooks and then took a towel and rolled it up, made it into a "U" shape and put it under the sheet so if he slid down from the mattress being  being elevated his butt would hit the bottom of the U and he wouldn't roll to the bottom.  I also think the U shape helped him feel cuddled in like he did sleeping in the rock and play. I took a couple rough night but he is now sleeping 12 hours a night without waking in the crib and takes all his naps in there. YAY!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageaut31:
    I elevated one side of the mattress with my nursing school textbooks and then took a towel and rolled it up, made it into a "U" shape and put it under the sheet so if he slid down from the mattress being  being elevated his butt would hit the bottom of the U and he wouldn't roll to the bottom. 

We did this as well.  We have one side of the crib mattress elevated and blankets in a U shape under the sheets because of LO's reflux.  We also use the magic sleepsuit.  For the first few nights we would have to put him in the Rock N Play about halfway through the night, but now he has no problems sleeping in his crib.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"