3rd Trimester

help! 35 weeks and feel like my period is about to start....

I'm not sure what is going on. Recently I have been experiencing what feels like the beginning of my period. That very dull aching in my abdomen. Right now, it is getting a bit more intense and the baby is moving around like crazy. Anyone have any input??

Re: help! 35 weeks and feel like my period is about to start....

• My doc said that period like feeling is contractions (I have those as well).  Drink some water and rest to see if they go away.  Call your doc if they are getting more consistent and you can time them.  Good luck!
  • I had some dull aches too (not cramps, per se, but the general sensation that your period is about to start) a few weeks ago...I don't think it's really anything to be concerned about unless you're having legit, timable contractions. Are you getting enough fluids?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWhen we wished upon a star...:
    I had some dull aches too (not cramps, per se, but the general sensation that your period is about to start) a few weeks ago...I don't think it's really anything to be concerned about unless you're having legit, timable contractions. Are you getting enough fluids?!

This exactly, but I am feeling some very mild cramps. Just not sure if its from him moving or contractions. I have been drinking lots of fluids and just poured myself a glass of water. Going to give it a few and then see what happens.

• imagecooper0314:

imageWhen we wished upon a star...:
    I had some dull aches too (not cramps, per se, but the general sensation that your period is about to start) a few weeks ago...I don't think it's really anything to be concerned about unless you're having legit, timable contractions. Are you getting enough fluids?!

This exactly, but I am feeling some very mild cramps. Just not sure if its from him moving or contractions. I have been drinking lots of fluids and just poured myself a glass of water. Going to give it a few and then see what happens.

When is your next appointment? I think you'd probably be okay to wait until your next visit to ask the OB about it. Like I said, I had a similar issue and my LO is still here so you're probably okay. Good luck! :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had cramping almost every day for about a week around 35 weeks. One day they got pretty bad and I had to rest and take it easy the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure they are contractions but normal. Its just our bodies getting ready.... Call your doc if they get painful and/or timable.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have a question about the period like cramps. Where are they? Are they in the same place that I used to feel them? Or are they all over now because that's how big my ute is now?
  • I have had the exact same sensations since about 34 weeks. Feels like period cramps. My doctor said they are contractions, but just little ones. They have caused me to be 50% effaced and 1cm dialated as of yesterday when I had an internal. So even though they are small, they seem to be productive. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Thanks ladies!

I just called triage in L&D and she was very helpful. She explained what to look for and that they are most likely contractions. They have subsided but if they get closer together I should come in. The baby, however, is kicking me like crazy and it is painful right now!

• When I get mensteral cramps I get them in my legs (or at least that's where I feel the pain) so with my first pregnancy I wondered if when I had real contractions if I'd feel it in my abdomen or in my legs.  Well in the 30+ week range I started feeling "period cramps" in my legs, very randomly, not in a pattern, just like you, felt like my period was going to start. 

But when it came time for real contractions, I felt them in my abdomen and there was no doubt for me that they were the real thing.  So I think you should know when it's the real thing.  I'd ask the Dr. about it at your next appt. but I would think it's not much to worry about.

I'm starting to get that crampy period feeling again (legs) so I'm not worried about it this time around. 

• me too... have been having those since 34 weeks...my mw said when you get your period, your uterus swells a bit and pulls on some muscles/ligaments, so it  might be a bit of that too just from overall uterus swelling...but i'm going to go with they are contractions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"