Trouble TTC
Options

Ganirelix ?

I did my first Ganirelix injection a little of an hour ago.  The area is still rather itchy and sore.  Plus I can feel almost a lump under the skin. Is this normal?

I have to tell you this IVF cycle is already kicking my arse.  I feel awful :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ganirelix ?

• Options

I'm sorry, hon.  I had a lot more injection site irritation with Ganirelix than I did with Lupron.  However, I didn't get the headaches I got on Lupron and only got a bit of fog (which was probably more stress related).

I'm sorry this cycle is treating you worse than your previous ones.  Maybe that means it will have a different outcome.  I am rooting for you, beth!  I hope this is your cycle!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

I'm sorry you feel awful:(  I'm taking cetrotide (same as ganirelix).  I get an itchy welt after every injection but it goes away after a couple of hours.  The area tends to be sorer than where I do the other injections too.  I talked to my nurse to make sure I wasn't having an allergic reaction and she said that as long as I was only getting the welt at the injection site and no where else, its fine.  

I dread that shot now for that very reason.  I'm sorry you have to deal with that too.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSTL34:

I'm sorry, hon.  I had a lot more injection site irritation with Ganirelix than I did with Lupron.  However, I didn't get the headaches I got on Lupron and only got a bit of fog (which was probably more stress related).

I'm sorry this cycle is treating you worse than your previous ones.  Maybe that means it will have a different outcome.  I am rooting for you, beth!  I hope this is your cycle!

Thank you!  I am already in a fog with just the Gonal F.  I was never that way before.  But I am up to 300 twice a day now.

• Options
    imageMegannJay:

I'm sorry you feel awful:(  I'm taking cetrotide (same as ganirelix).  I get an itchy welt after every injection but it goes away after a couple of hours.  The area tends to be sorer than where I do the other injections too.  I talked to my nurse to make sure I wasn't having an allergic reaction and she said that as long as I was only getting the welt at the injection site and no where else, its fine.  

I dread that shot now for that very reason.  I'm sorry you have to deal with that too.   

Oh boy.  I guess it won't get better.  :(  Sorry its bad for you too.

• Options
    I had injection site burning and itching with Ganirelix, too.  It didn't last more than 30 mins. or so, but it wasn't fun.  Sorry you have the same problem :(
  • Options

Ganirelix was the.friggin.worst for me.  I had to ice the heck out of it before injecting and it always bothered me afterwards.  I'm sorry.  *hugs*

It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • Options
    I hope all of this is worth it and this cycle works for you! So sorry you are having a rough time though. Do you mean you are on 600iu of gonal a day? Is that a typical dosage? Just curious bc my RE put me on 150, but maybe iui is different. Wish u lots of luck hon!
    11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageOCW2010:
    I hope all of this is worth it and this cycle works for you! So sorry you are having a rough time though. Do you mean you are on 600iu of gonal a day? Is that a typical dosage? Just curious bc my RE put me on 150, but maybe iui is different. Wish u lots of luck hon!

You typically use a lower dose for IUI than IVF.  That being said, 600 iu is a pretty high dose for IVF.  It is typically reserved for us DOR ladies that are harder to stimulate.

Beth, I really hope this protocol is the one for you!  Sending lots of follicle growing vibes your way!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

imageOCW2010:

STL is correct, the high dosage is because I have DOR.  I was on 450iu a day (225iu twice a day) on my last cycles.  They are bringing out the big guns this time. It was much lower when I did my IUI.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options

Ok gotcha, thanks for explaining beth and ST.  

Again, GOOD LUCK!! 

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"