Parenting
Options

What would you serve with chick fil a nuggets for a bday party?

DS's 3rd birthday is coming up and I'm trying to keep it simple as I also have a 3 week old.  We are planning on getting a tray of nuggets and a tray of chicken tenders from chick fil a.  I'm going to have a fruit and veggie tray, and some chips/dip, cake and ice cream.  I would like to have a few other easy finger foods, but what should I serve with the nuggets as a side dish? 

Should I get my own fries and make them in the oven or is that weird?  Any other quick/easy ideas?

We are having 40 people (ugh.) and the party is at 3:30 pm. 

Re: What would you serve with chick fil a nuggets for a bday party?

• Options
    I should add that I don't want to serve pizza..
  • Options
    The party's at 3pm? Honestly, I would serve snacky foods (everything you mentioned minus the chick-fil-a stuff) and call it a party. It's not at a meal time, so you don't have to serve a meal. Smile
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you have plenty of stuff there!  Sounds yummy to me!
    Delaney Grace - 6/29/06
  • Options

imageMarce921:
    The party's at 3pm? Honestly, I would serve snacky foods (everything you mentioned minus the chick-fil-a stuff) and call it a party. It's not at a meal time, so you don't have to serve a meal. Smile

I agree with this.  Ditch the chicken, maybe add in some cheese & crackers, plus some bowls of goldfish crackers for the kids and call it a day. Plus with a three week old I am sure people will offer to bring stuff- so say yes! Tell them you are just doing snacky finger food.

Rebecca- mom to 3 kids: DS born 2005, DD born 2007 and DS born 2010.
  • Options

We always do:

Chickfila nugget tray w/ 2 sauces

veggies w/ dip

cheese tray

chips

cake/cookies 

I bought 2 huge divided trays from party city, and I always make my own cheese and veggie trays. Cheaper than buying them premade. 

• Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it. I'd skip the fries. It's not meal time so the nuggets are not necessary but wouldn't be over the top either.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just make sure that if there are any kiddos with nut allergies, their parents are aware that the chicken is from Chick Fil A.  They fry their stuff in peanut oil, so it can be dangerous for those with a nut allergy.  Not trying to be a downer, just thought I would throw it out there in case you didn't know.  I wouldn't have even thought of that before my DS was diagnosed with nut allergy.
  • Options
    I think what you already have is fine.  the fruit and the chips can serve as sides, if the parents choose so.  I really don't think you need anything else I(and i agree with pp, you don;t HAVE to do nuggets at all since it is at 3)
  • Options

Sounds perfect!  I love Chick Fil A nuggets.

FWIW to a pp - Our allergist said that the peanut oil used by Chick Fil A was fine even with a peanut allergy because it uses hot pressed peanut oil.  Studies have shown that peanut oil does not cause a peanut reaction unless there is residue peanuts and whatnot in it.  Of course it's something to be aware of, but you might check with your allergist about if your LO needs to avoid it.  My friend's DS has a fairly severe peanut allergy and her allergist also OKed Chick Fil A.  He's eaten there tons of times both before and after the diagnosis.

"Studies show that most allergic individuals can safely eat peanut oil (not cold pressed, expelled, or extruded peanut oil - sometimes represented as gourmet oils). If you are allergic to peanuts, ask your doctor whether or not you should avoid peanut oil."

• Options
    At ds's party we did a chicken strip tray (we did zaxbys since one of the kids has a peanut allergy so no chickfila), sausage/rotel dip with two kinds of chips, veggie tray, fruit tray, two cakes and homemade ice cream. Our party was at 4pm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"