Canada Babies
Options

hi everyone just have a question?

does anyone think it would be bad for me to have a diaper party ?

it's my 2nd baby  and all we are asking for is diapers not any gifts

Re: hi everyone just have a question?

• Options

Hi There,

I don't think that you would have a problem - the art is all in how it's done.  Can you suggest to the person that's hosting your shower that you'd prefer diapers?

The other thing - you should be prepared for the fact that people may still not give you diapers or gift cards for them - but baby gifts instead.  We had a registry at Babies 'R Us that my friend and Mom and Dad knew about, but everyone completely ignored.  Not trying to sound selfish, I was really dissapointed, as I was sick of getting a 4th nightgown, but oh well, I'm ever so grateful for their thoughtfulness, kindness and love.

Good Luck! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

thanks  jsut wanted another mother advice my husband just said "i don't know "

i had the same registy  and my motherr-inlaw had a shower for which was horrible by the time i got there all the food was gone (which was just crackers ,cheese ,carrots and stufff) and everyone was drinking  ,whichreally mad me mad . who the hell has wine and beer at a freaking baby shower  i was not happy and also did not get the stuff i wanted or nedd for that matter  anyways sorry i just need to vent  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This may be a bit late but I agree with pp that you may still get stuff other than diapers.  I would absolutely ask your hostess to plan it as a diaper shower - if that's what you need, then it makes sense to me.  Just make sure she makes it seem like her idea, rather than something you'd planned.  A lot of women don't get 2nd showers, and if it comes across as you asking, people might think it's rude. 

Sorry to hear about your MIL's shower.  There was wine at my MIL's shower, but only 2 people had a glass each, and it didn't bother me in the slightest.  However, if it was more like a drunkfest then I would've been pissed too!!  I am shocked that they ate all the food before you could even have any!!!  That's pretty inconsiderate!! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thanks it not late im not pregnat yet still trying  but yeah thats why i asked i thought ppl might think it was rude for me to have another shower since it is my 2nd baby  or think it was selfish  of me or something .

but yeah my first shower was bad , her side of the family are big drinkers . she brings her own rum when she comes to vist for a few hrs  . crazy . anyway thatnks for your coment i will probally have  one

congats on your little one . i love the picture

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"