January 2011 Moms
Options

Can you FEEL dilation/effacement?

I definitely don't want this to be too TMI...but I was just curious.  For those of you who've already had your LO's; did you FEEL cervical dilation/effacement (aside from contractions)?  My contractions have been pretty sporadic so far, but I've noticed pressure and what I can only describe as movement in that area every day for the last four days.

My 41 week appt is Thursday, so if no baby arrives by then, I will ask my midwife.  In the meantime, I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else had faced this :)  Thank you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can you FEEL dilation/effacement?

• Options
    Two days before I delivered I had contractions sporadically too. I later found out that all that I was feeling (kind of like cramps) was getting me ready to go into labor. When I arrived at hospital, I was fully dialated. So what your feeling could be progression in labor.
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    my contractions were like someone took a melon baller and was scooping out my cervix/bladder.  The nurse told me I was feeling the rapid dilation (I went from 1/2 cm to 10 in 2 1/2 hours).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I thought I could, but what I felt mostly was the contractions- which, IMO, weren't bad at all until I hit 7 cm. (That was when I checked into the hospital.) After that all I felt in-between contractions was PRESSURE!

Lol- The nurses told me I'd know when to push because I'd feel like I had to poop... and I said "Like prarie-dogging?" (LOL!) They looked at me funny and DH had to explain it to them... bet they'll remember that phrase from now on!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I was dilating I would feel super sharp and quick flashes of pain in my vagina. I felt that alot between 39-40.5 weeks and that was when I started dilating.
  • Options
    Early on when dilating from closed to 3cm I would feel some sharp pain in the vagina along with a pressure sensation, this was 2 weeks prior to going into labor.  Going from 6-10 cm I actually felt an opening sensation with increasing pressure as I progressed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"