Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

anyone have a rash from the hospital?

what the heck is this??! I have a red slightly itchy, but more painful red rash all over my bottom. It pretty much covers my whole bottom.  Do I have diaper rash??!

I tried cortizone cream and neosporin. The only thing I can think of is irritation from laying in the bed for days and maybe blood and stuff pooling behind me right after I delivered? Sorry it's gross, I just have no clue what it is! 

I'm such a mess, I'd love to chop offf the whole area of my body right now!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone have a rash from the hospital?

• Options

You might actually have diaper rash, or are having a reaction to the pads. Try A+D or another rash cream and change the pad at least every two hours if not sooner. You also might want to try a different type of pad.

I had something like that after DS was born, and that is what my doc told me. She said it was very common, but most women don't really realize they have it unless it becomes painful.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    Be careful to check that it doesn't spread it might be bed bugs. I would go see the doc asap to make sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hospitals wash their linens in bleach. I've had patients who have developed rashes on their backs/buttocks from sweating and/or bleach allergies. I would call my doc if it doesn't go away after a few days though. It sounds painful, I hope it goes away soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Not from the pads. Its not down there, its right below my hips its all over but starts at the top of my butt.  argh!!

I might try some of ds's diaper cream! haha! Couldn't hurt!

Thank you!

• Options
    I had a horrible rash after delivering down the inside of both of my legs. It itched like crazy. It was just from being pregnant and the hormones leaving my body. It went away after about a week but weirdly enough I still have faint "scars" from it on my legs.
  • Options

I was going to say sweating like the PP. In the hospital both times I sweated out all my water retention and would get itchy. Did you sweat?

AND BTW, CONGRATS!!!!! Details?? 

• Options

I developed a severe rash on my lower back about 5 days PP. I thought maybe it was an allergic reaction to the tape from my epidural, but then it spread down to my butt cheeks.

Hydrocortisone cream didn't really do anything. After a week i tried taking a benadryl 2x per day. It cleared right up in 2 days.

good luck! 

If your rash is anything like mine, I wanted to tear my skin off!!!

• Options

I too had a rash on my butt and around my mid section... it ended up being a rash/reaction from the 'lovely' hospital provided disposable underwear.  My rash was really itchy.  They gave me prescription hyrocortisone which helped.

• Options
    i had it on both of my cheeks i think from the bleach on the linens.  i just put cream for dry skin on it. good luck!
  • Options

I had one all over my body in the hospital and for like 2 weeks after.  It was awful, nothing touched it.  It was the worst on my hands and my feet/ankles.  My stomach was also covered in bumps.

I assume it was from the hospital linens but man, it was worse than my c-section recovery.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was very itchy and had a rash in the hospital, the doc gave me benadryl and suggested some oatmeal lotion..I was allergic to whatever they washed the linens in.
  • Options

I had a "diaper rash" too right after having LO.  DH thought it was pretty funny.  I put A+D on it and switched from the mesh panties from the hospital to cotton granny panties and it went away. 

• Options

I was just lurking over here and was happy to see a familiar face :)

I was itchy like CRAZY  for a couple days after my c/s, but I didn't have a rash. They gave me nubain for it. Can you maybe take some benedryl along with DS's diaper rash cream?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"