Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

13mth old on an inhaler :(

So anyone else go thru this? Lo has been coughing for 2wks and for past 3 nights coughing all night and coughing up mucous. I heard a slight wheeze so we brought her in and they said respiratory virus she's notvsure if tab but wanted her on inhaler albuterol. I gave it to her tonight she was so hyper. I hope she sleeps good tonight. And now I'm down cuz I keep thinking what if this means she will have asthma.

Re: 13mth old on an inhaler :(

• Options
    About a month ago this was Abby plus a double ear infection. We went in the morning because she woke up and was weezing pretty heavily. They gave her a nebuilizer treatment. It made my heart sink seeing them whip out that tiny mask. We were then sent home with an inhialer with a chamber. We let Abby play with the mask and chamber so she wouldn't be scared of it when we put it up to her face. It helped some but she'd get mad we were holding her down for her to take it. But her screaming and crying did help her take big deep breaths in. Abby didn't really get hyper from it, but she was also very sick. I know it is tough to think about having an inhaler for an infant but it help clear their lungs and breathe easier. Also keep in mind this does not mean she will have asthema. She wasn't given the inhailer for it or diagnosed with it. So keep your chin up. We worry about Bee havin ashema too so I know it is hard to stay positive about it.
    eta. Sorry it's choppy and has no format as well as grammar errors. I'm on my phone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you so how fast did you see a difference?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have not gone through this w/DD, but I do have asthma myself. Albuterol gave me the shakes, so my dr. switched me to Xoponex. He said it's the same drug, but without the component that causes shakes. If your DD is hyper, you might ask your pedi if you can switch. I'm not sure if Xoponex is recommended for kids.

GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were giving it every 4 hours for two days before she didn't need it anymore. the second morning she was doing so much better sleeping for her naps again and wanting to play. I hope your lo gets better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS had a wheezing cough and had to have an inhaler at 3 months old. He hasn't had one since so it doesn't necessarily mean your lo will continue to need one.
  • Options

Wev'e gone through the same thing with DD. She only needs it when she's sick luckily.  Be grateful you didnt' have to do nebulizer treatment.  That was torture for DD and I both. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"