Multiples
Options

Round ligament pain?

Hi ladies...  last week I started getting these sharp twinges in the left side of my lower abdomen.  Today, I started getting them on my right side. I didnt think RLP was suposed to start until the 2nd trimester.  But considering I'm having triplets, could it be RLP?  I'm very anxious.  I think I need some reassurance that it is normal.  I haven't had any spotting at all.  Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Round ligament pain?

• Options

Sounds like RLP to me.  I had RLP in both of my pregnancies starting around the   8th week.  But remember to always call the dr. with any concerns. Congrats on your pregnancy.

• Options
    It sounds like RLP.. I read that its more common in the 2nd tri but that doesn't mean you can't see it in the 1st.. esp if this is not your first pregnancy. I think I was about 13 weeks when I first started feeling mine.
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt the RLP the most in my 1st tri, especially when I had been sitting for a while and got up quickly or was stretching. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies... just left my RE's office (he released me to a peri).  Had my 2nd ultrasound, babies are doing great.  All 3  heartbeats in the 170's and measuring right on track.  He said in a normal pregnancy RLP doesn't usually start till around 10 weeks, but nothing about my pregnancy is normal.  and being almost 9 weeks pregnant, he said it is probably RLP.  So I do feel much better!

• Options

I think it is RLP, my doctors said with twins (or more) you are going to feel pains more. I never felt any of this pain with my first pregnancy (1 boy).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I thought I was having round ligament pain but discovered with a trip to the chiroprator it was something to do with my pelvis that he can fix.  Maybe a good chiro will help you as well???  Just a thought!

Tara

(second set of twins due April 25)

• Options

I had RLP in first tri.

How far along are you?  Your ticker says you're wayyy past due (hee hee),  but your siggy says ultrasound 1/18??

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"