May 2011 Moms
Options

Pelvic pain when sleeping...advice?

Hello fellow mommas! Recently I have started to get pelvic pains when sleeping. I usually feel it in the morning. I do sleep with pillows between my legs but maybe I need a thicker pillow? Has this happened to you? How did you deal with it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pelvic pain when sleeping...advice?

• Options
    I love my body pillow. Its pretty thick and I basically just hug it all night. Dont get me wrong I still have pain now and then but I cant sleep without it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Is it a really sharp pain that you notice more when you move your legs in different directions or try to roll over?  There's not much you can do for that.  It happens when the ligaments that hold your pelvic symphisis together get a little too loose.  It hurts like bloody hell but goes away quickly after birth.

I had with DS and it started around 10 weeks with this one.  I've been wearing control top pantyhose religiously along with keeping my knees in line with my hips all the time.  I also wear walking shoes whenever I'm on my feet for more than a few minutes and rest whenever I feel weak.  Pushing grocery carts, walking a lot (but some daily walking is good), and anything that has my legs moving independently of each other is painful.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image00tedsgirl:

Is it a really sharp pain that you notice more when you move your legs in different directions or try to roll over?  There's not much you can do for that.  It happens when the ligaments that hold your pelvic symphisis together get a little too loose.  It hurts like bloody hell but goes away quickly after birth.

I'm having the ligament pain just like 00tedsgirl mentioned above.  Sometimes it keeps me up at night too, and I just rearrange my body with pillows, but it is still inconvenient.  I had a dr's appt today and he said that the pain should start to decrease around 24 weeks, but of course, every woman is different. Good luck, it certainly isn't pleasant!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Last night I slept with a pillow "shoved all the way up there" as per DH's suggestion and it helped.  I am still in pain, but its tolerable... Try moving the pillow as close to the crotch as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been getting pelvic pains for about 2 weeks now and this morning I woke up with horrible pain. I do use multiple pillows to keep my legs elevated, but somehow this pain just keeps creeping back. I guess I'll try keeping one tucked close to my crotch to see how it works.
  • Options
    The pain was still there, for me its the worst when I wake up and try to walk... but it wasn't too bad this morning.  Mind you, the pain is still there, it just was more tolerable.  I also massaged the area last night and put a warm water bottle on the area for a bit, so maybe that helped too.  Seriously, why did no one mention this about being pregnant.  They sure mention everything else!
  • Options
    I have the same problem.  It hurts when I turn over and especially when I first stand and try to walk after sitting or laying down for a while. 
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this!  I have been experiencing the exact same thing and was a little concerned.  I notice it at night also, (mostly when I get up to pee in the middle of the night) especially nights after I have been to the gym.  I planned on asking my Dr. about it at my appt on Thursday but I'm glad to hear its normal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"