Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

The bc woes ...

After three and half years of marriage, my husband and I are preparing to TTC in the spring.  Unfortunately, coming off of bc is harder than I imagined.  I stopped taking the Ortho patch in September and had a 36 day wait until AF.  The next month I was down to 31 days and thought that things were progressing back to 28 days, my original cycle before bc.  Unfortunately, the next month my cycle took 37 days and I'm currently still waiting for my next visit (CD 49).  I was extremely regular before bc entered my life and I'm really beginning to wonder if I should have stopped using it sooner or maybe never started at all.  I know I can't change the past.  I can only look toward the future and hope that I find a little regularity in my life soon!!! 

Re: The bc woes ...

• Options

I know that it is frustrating, but it is completely normally for your cycles to be "off" for awhile after stopping BC pills (possibly as long a 1 year).

Good luck. 

• Options

It can take a while, sometimes up to a year, for your body to regulate after coming off of BC.

In the mean time, have you considered charting?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

It can take a while, sometimes up to a year, for your body to regulate after coming off of BC.

In the mean time, have you considered charting?

Definately this, and best of luck you you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been in your position, well still am I think, and I agree that it is incredibly frustrating. Charting helps big time though, just knowing that I am O'ing afterall is great. I definitly recommend fertility friend. GL to you, hope AF shows her face soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    psssst ::see my siggy:: Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have been off BCP since August, and my cycles are still wacky. Charting has been such a huge help. It takes out a lot of the guess work and is super easy to get used to. You can click on my ticker (or anyone else's) if you want to check out Fertility Friend.

Hang in there and good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome and GL!
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Options
    For me, it took about 3 months for AF to show up after stopping Depo. It was really frustrating. I'm sorry you're still having wonky cycles. I would second what everyone else said and recommend that you start charting now (if you're not already) and try to use this time to get ready to start TTC! GL. Smile
  • Options
    Thank you all for the kind words!  I just joined Fertility Friend and I'm excited to start charting as soon as AF arrives!!!  I have a feeling after watching the course that AF should arrive within the next week or so. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"