September 2011 Moms
Options

Cramping at 8 weeks?

I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this, so please forgive me if it's redundant.  I had some very slight cramping between 4 and 5 weeks that I don't know if I would even classify as cramping.  More like just a slight discomfort in my uterus now and then--very very mild.  Now suddenly I'm almost 8 weeks, and I've been cramping on and off today.  It started out a little before noon with just a discomfort--almost like when I first start my period.  And then it went away for the most part for the afternoon.  But now it's moving up the scale from discomfort to actual pain, though it's still mild.  But definitely cramping.  I've been checking like crazy all day, and there's no spotting or bleeding.  Also, DH and I did get busy last night, but I haven't had any cramping after sex so far in this pregnancy, so I'm still a little worried.  This is my third pregnancy, and I've yet to have a successful one, so I'm pretty scared right now.  Please tell me this is normal and that I'm being a silly worry-wart.

Re: Cramping at 8 weeks?

• Options

Cramping is normal throughout as your uterus is stretching and making room for the baby. Twinges and pulling is normal too.

Should it be intense or accompagnied by bleeding, then you should probably call your dr. Or, if it is really worrisome, it wouldn't hurt to call just to discuss and have a look on LO.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Cramping is common throughout pregnancy. If it is getting painful I would call your doctor. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water (at least 64 oz a day is recomended) sometime cramping can be intestinal from dehydration.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have had some pretty uncomfortable cramping the past couple of days that comes and goes.  I admit it freaks me out too, but I can also tell my uterus is expanding, so I figure it is my uterus stretching and growing.  You probably have nothing to worry about.  That being said, since you have had 2 previous losses, I would go ahead and call your doc and see if you can't get in for an ultrasound or something.  What can it hurt? 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Missed miscarriage discovered at 16 weeks on 10/11/10. Baby measuring 12 weeks. Natural miscarriage 10/12/10. We will miss you forever. Chemical pregnancy on June 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"